How to merge accounts

Hi,

I have a couple of accounts that should be merged into one new. The both accounts have multiple contacts, and most of the contacts have some sort of history via archived emails, notes etc. I wonder what would be the best way of merging everyting so that all history would be found under the new account. Going through every record, and edit them manually would be the my option :smiley:

I was thinking if adding to the new account both old accounts as member organizations, and have all history visible “on top”, but this does not work “out of the box”. Maybe this could be some kind of approach?

BR

René

I think this can be done by keeping a single account which has all the required details and changing the account_id in account_contacts table in the database.

Please note the following:
Take backup of the database before making a change in the database by executing SQL queries.

Update accounts_contacts set account_id = ‘Merged Account ID’
where account_id = ‘Old Account Id’

Hello René,

why would you want to merge into a new account, instead of an existing one?

In order to accomplish this task, you can just use the SuiteCRM standard feature ‘Merge’.

1. Search / filter your accounts
  2. Select them in the list view
  3. Chose ‘Bulk action’ - ‘Merge’

If you do this, you can merge a maximum of 5 records into one account.
All contacts and their related records will be automatically related to your ‘winning’ account.

If it really needs to be a new record, you can basically just create the ‘n-th duplicate’ and use that one as the winner in the merge process.

1 Like