How to manually upgrade SugarCRM database?

Hello!

I’ve updated my SuiteCRM7.1.1 instance to SuiteCRM7.1.4 version. But after few minutes an error began to occur:

“Sugar CRM 6.5.18 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 6.5.18 Database.”

It looks like update process was not complete successfully. How I can update the database manually? I use MySQL as database engine.

Thanks,
Andrey.

sounds like a permission issue, check the sugar_version.php, sugar_version.json have been updated to 6.5.18 and in the config.php that the sugar_version is 6.5.18

Hi,

When I open sugar_version.php in a browser an error occurs:
“Not A Valid Entry Point”

The output of the sugar_version.json:
{
“sugar_version”: “6.5.18”,
“sugar_db_version”: “6.5.18”,
“sugar_flavor”: “CE”,
“sugar_build”: “1110”,
“sugar_timestamp”: “2014-09-23 12:53pm”
}

In config.php also version is 6.5.18:
‘sugar_version’ => ‘6.5.18’,

Thanks,
Andrey.

Hi Rusov,

What is the sugar_version set to in your config table in your db?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

|

sugar_version | 6.5.16

So I’m only should insert 6.5.18 value to it, isn’t it?

Thanks,
Andrey.

Hello!

I’ve simply inserted value 6.5.18 to a column sugar_version in config table in SuiteCRM’s database. Now it works.

Thanks,
Andrey.

Hello All.
I have the same problem…
Sugar CRM 6.5.18 Files May Only Be Used With A Sugar CRM 6.5.18 Database
but I cannot change the field in the config table in database and need help how to.
Thanks in advance

My database was from 7.1.2 and I installed bitnami 7.1.4 and when try to see the page the problem is found

Hi stratus66,

When you state you cannot change the value in the config table in the database, do you mean you don’t have access or you do not have the knowledge to change it?

You will need to ensure you change the value in the config table, but also check the sugar_version.php, sugar_version.json have been updated to 6.5.18 and in the config.php that the sugar_version is 6.5.18.

Thanks,

Will.

You are correct. I have not the knowledge to change the value in the config table…When found the config table, a banner above declares:

Current selection does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available.

I will check all the files mentioned at your reply.

$sugar_version = ‘6.5.18’;
$sugar_db_version = ‘6.5.18’;
$sugar_flavor = ‘CE’;
$sugar_build = ‘1110’;
$sugar_timestamp = ‘2014-09-23 12:53pm’

{
“sugar_version”: “6.5.18”,
“sugar_db_version”: “6.5.18”,
“sugar_flavor”: “CE”,
“sugar_build”: “1110”,
“sugar_timestamp”: “2014-09-23 12:53pm”
}

showThemePicker’ => true,
‘site_url’ => ‘http://stpc:80/suitecrm’,
‘slow_query_time_msec’ => ‘100’,
‘sugar_version’ => ‘6.5.18’,

Hi stratus66,

That sounds like a restriction on modifying your database. Are you hosting with an external company? They may be able to assist.

Thanks,

Will.

I am hosting it inside my house in an XP Pro machine, thus I have no support. I am using it for my own personal customers.

Hi stratus66,

What db version are you running and are you using a front end client(phpmyadmin)? Does your db user have all access granted? I would suggest googling the issues you are having with your db.

Thanks,

Will.

I am using 5.1.17 in my current system, and I want to transfer the database to bitnami suitecrm 7.1.4. I am using PHPMyadmin Version information: 4.2.9.1 and have full priviledges

Hi stratus66,

I’d advise searching for issues you’re having with your db on mysql/phpmyadmin forums, as this is separate to SuiteCRM.

If you have full access, you should be able to view the config table and view the values and check the sugar_version value.

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will and thanks. My sugar_version in the new deployment is 6.5.17 since the database is imported. I am struggling though to change that and I am not talking at all PhpMyadmin language thus find hard time to manage that.