How to install SuiteCRM 8.6.1 under 10 minutes

:rocket: Discover how to install SuiteCRM 8 in under 10 minutes with our open-source GitHub script! Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned IT professional, this tutorial guides you through the seamless setup process, ensuring you’re up and running swiftly. Watch as we navigate through downloading, configuring, and deploying SuiteCRM with ease.

I made a video if this can be of help.

The script file can be download or copied from the GitHub

Steps to follow:

1. Install a lunix server / or use an existing one. This scrit was tested in a Ubuntu server 24.04

2. Open the terminal and create a sh file, you can give whatever name you want just be sure to have the extension “yourfilename”.sh. I use nano

3.   sudo nano "yourfilename".sh

4. Copy the entire lines inside the sh s_crm_0.1.sh file

5. Change the permissions of the new sh file useing this command

6.     sudo chmod +x "yourfilename".sh

7. To run the new script use the following command

8.     sudo ./"yourfilename".sh

9. Follow the script requests and take note of the user & password of the databse that will be requested

10. When the script finishes run the command

11.     sudo mysql_secure_installation

12. just press enter (there is no root password

13. Switch to unix_socket authentication [Y/n] Y

14. Change the root password? [Y/n] y

15. put your DB root password and take note of it!!!

16. Remove anonymous users? [Y/n] Y

17. Disallow root login remotely? [Y/n] Y

18. Remove test database and access to it? [Y/n] Y

19. Reload privilege tables now? [Y/n]

20. Now you can use the IP address and conclude the instalation of the CSuite CRM using the DB user and passwords you choose at the begining.

21. On the webpag config on these fields you place
    DATABASE CONFIGURATION:
    SuiteCRM Database User
    USER THAT YOU CHOOSE ON THE SCRIPT
    SuiteCRM Database User Password
    PASSWORD THAT YOU CHOOSE ON THE SCRIPT
    Host Name
    localhost
    Database Name
    CRM

Then the rest you decide which admon user and admin password

GOOD LUCK!
5 Likes

The GitHub link

That’s soooooooooo amazinggggg!! :heart_hands: :heart_hands: :fire: :fire: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

if i’ve multiple sites hosted on this server, and suitecrm is deployed in a sub folder as subdomain, will this script still work fine… PHP, MySQL and several things are already installed on my ubuntu 2.4

I would say yes.
On the script file, adjust all the lines to point to your crm folder, look for this:
/var/www/html/
and point to where you have your CRM intalled, the same goes for the location of the unzip in the script.
There are several places where this is defined.
As you have severeal hostes, I would remove the # Configure VirtualHost section from the script.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response. I’ll run this script today on my server and will update you with the experience. Again thanks for this contribution.

1 Like

Thanks for your Video, that’s Great for me!
If you can do this again, create a video with the content: 8.6.1 Migrate from 7.14.x …
This is really needed for those who want to do, and manage their hire server

That is a great idea.!!!

Will start studying this process. What are the key elements? Documents? Images?

I’m unfamiliar with the upgrading requirements, if the community can outline out what is important I’ll look into all those details.

Fresh installation is one thing, upgrading is an all complete different scenario, but, U1M . This is a great challenge to over come :grinning:

Thanks for the heads-up on what is critical in an upgrade.

1 Like

Some of the important resources:

2 Likes

A lot of documentation. No promises, but starting analysing the challenge. :grinning:

I was dubious. Then I tried it. I installed ubuntu server 24 on a spare 2nd Gen i5, then followed the instructions on this script and I have a running instance of suiteCRM. It took me less than 10 minutes just like the video. well done!

1 Like

I’m really glad this has worked like it was planned to work!
Looking forward for other users feedback.