How to Fix "Undefined" message box

Hiā€¦ i just installed suitecrm 7.5.3 on hostgator shared server and when i use studio or module builder every message box appear as ā€œundefinedā€ how can i fix this problem thanks in advance :unsure:

Hi,
that sounds like it may be a permissions problem. Can you make sure that all the files in the suite directory are owned by the same user as Apache runs as. Most of the files should have 755 permissions except the contents of the cache, custom, modules, themes, data & upload folders and the config_override.php file, which should be 775.

For example with a standard Ubuntu set up Apache normally runs as www-data so if you navigate to the suite directory you would run these 3 commands to set up permissions:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Please make sure you are inside the SuiteCRM directory before running these commands as you donā€™t want to accidentally set the permissions for your entire operating system!

After youā€™ve set the permissions correctly if you go to admin in Suite and run a repair and rebuild I suspect it should fix all your issues.

I had the same problem and it was a permissions problem. And your the commands above from ewanmcrobert fixed it. The user on our server for apache is ā€˜apacheā€™ so this worked for me:

sudo chown -R apache:apache .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Hello ,
These permissions does not affect anything in existing system.

Hey @namitkakusuitecrm

Try not to revive zombie threads (years old) when you have a number of new ones already opened. The team and other community members are assisting you in the other more recent threads.

Hi, I ran all these lines in my Cpanelā€™s terminal - changing from www-data, apache and nobody ā€¦ it didnā€™t do anything.