How to extend the session time Suitecrm 8

Lads and Ladies
Does anyone know how to make the session time longer or better still, not have one at all? It times out far too quick for me.

Hi @Benjamin_Dover,

Thanks for trying out SuiteCRM 8.

Please have a look at the following post. I think it will help:

I can’t access php.ini as I’m on a shared server. Is there another way around this?

Hi @Benjamin_Dover,

You should be able to override php.ini values in .htaccess, though that depends on your server configurations.

Please have a look at the following:

That post is referring to uploads so what values do I use for session times?

Hi @Benjamin_Dover,

Should be the same that was mentioned on the following post:

php_value session.cookie_lifetime 1200

Hope this helps

OK so I have to add it? As it doesn’t exist in the file. Does it matter where it goes in the file?
I should also mention that I am getting logged out when I save or do anything in the workflow module also. Is there a setting that fixes that?

Hi @Benjamin_Dover,

Yes, you would need to add it to the file. Usually people add it at the top.

Regarding the issue of being logged out, that seems strange.

Do you have SuiteCRM 8 and a SuiteCRM 7 running under the same domain? e.g:

• https://mydomain/suite7
  • https://mydomain/suite8

If the above happens, suite 7 will logout suite 8 and the other way around as they have the same session cookie name.

I am now getting an error that says “Unexpected error when calling action” around the same time it takes for my session to time out.

It seems all I have to do to throw an error is click a different view. These are 3 errors from me just clicking ACCOUNTS, then clicking CONTACTS, then clicking ACCOUNTS again:

[06-Feb-2022 12:43:01 Australia/Sydney] PHP Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php on line 5984
[06-Feb-2022 12:43:01 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: cron.php is CLI only. in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php:2022
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/cron.php(52): sugar_die(‘cron.php is CLI…’)
#1 {main}
thrown in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php on line 2022
[06-Feb-2022 12:44:01 Australia/Sydney] PHP Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php on line 5984
[06-Feb-2022 12:44:01 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: cron.php is CLI only. in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php:2022
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/cron.php(52): sugar_die(‘cron.php is CLI…’)
#1 {main}
thrown in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php on line 2022
[06-Feb-2022 12:45:02 Australia/Sydney] PHP Warning: session_name(): Cannot change session name when headers already sent in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php on line 5984
[06-Feb-2022 12:45:03 Australia/Sydney] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: cron.php is CLI only. in /home2/investo5/public_html/crm/public/legacy/include/utils.php:2022
Stack trace:
#1 {main}