How to export a custom module once you have deleted the package from module builder?

Hi Team,

After reading the best practice instructions for working with custom modules

http://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Administration/Studio_and_Module_Builder/Best_Practices_When_Building_Custom_Modules/

I deleted my package for my custom modules from module builder in the only environment that I have.

I am now trying to set up development and demo instances of my SuiteCRM and running into issues.

How do I create these instances when I do not have the package for the modules?

Is there a way to export a package from module loader?

Big thanks to anyone who can help,
Reuben

If you go into admin -> studio. Then select export customisations. Then you can select which enabled modules you wish to export.

Hi there,

Thanks for your response however exporting from studio will only give you your customisation a and not the base package needed to build the module. This is usually obtained from module builder using publish or export. I however have deleted my module builder packages thinking to was best practice but now believe that I need them in order to build my production environment.

Am wanting to know if there is another way to build the base package so I can export my customisations from studio?

When you delete a package from module builder. Sometimes it doesn’t actually delete the files.

You could build a package manually. Using your favourite file manager. go into custom/modulebuilder/builds/[package_name]. This is essentially where the files are kept.

All you need to do is create a compressed .zip file of the[package name] folder’s contents. Don’t compress the folder rather compress it’s contents. As the manifest.php must be in the root level.

Then you can go into admin->module loader. Then upload the newly created zip file. This will give you package back.

1 Like

Hey that’s awesome it worked a treat! Thanks heaps for your help!

Just to help the next person who reads this:

HOW TO TRANSFER A CUSTOM MODULE TO A NEW ENIVIRONMENT AFTER YOU HAVE DELETED THE MODULE BUiLDER PACKAGE

1. Using your favourite file manager. go into custom/modulebuilder/builds/[package_name] of your first environment
    This is essentially where the files are kept.
  2. Create a compressed .zip file of the[package name] folder’s contents.
    Don’t compress the folder rather compress it’s contents. As the manifest.php must be in the root level.
  3. go into admin->module loader of your second environment
  4. upload the newly created zip file
  5. Install the package
  6. Go to studio in you first environment
  7. Export or publish the customisations for the module
  8. Go to your second environment’s module loader
  9. Upload the customisations

Reuben

4 Likes

this is a great tip !
2. saved our day

thanks