How to debug the source code of SuiteCRM ??

Can anyone help me to debug the source code of SuiteCRM. I tried different ways to debug it but am unable to do the same. Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Purvesh Parmar.

What bugs are you trying to debug?

1 Like

I am just trying to understand the internal functional flow of SuiteCRM. Just to understand how the functions flow from one end to other …

Good luck with that :wink:

SuiteCRM/SugarCRM is massive it takes a long time working with it to really understand how it works. You should read the Sugar CRM developer Guide and development blog.

This book may also be of help “Definitive Guide to SugarCRM: Better Business Applications”

As far as actually debugging the code we use an IDE called PHP Storm and with that we can set up break points and step through the code line by line. Any IDE that supports php debugging with XDebug will work. However that is only useful for debugging specific problems I dont fancy trying to step through the entire sugar process flow.

3 Likes

Ya Andy is right it will take time to understand the flow you can read the docs which cover all the things

But i for good start up you can flollow this link as in start up

link

1 Like

Hi

Here is the book: The Definitive Guide to SugarCRM - free to read or download :slight_smile:

http://it-ebooks.info/book/2473/

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Miky

2 Likes

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I went through the book but there was no mention about how to debug the source code to understand the internal functional flow but still I am working as per Andy’s guidance learning how to put the breakpoints in the code using PhpStorm. But still if you have any alternate method to understand the same please tell me . :slight_smile: