How to create Module Menu in SuiteCRM 7.11

Hello,

I am new to suitecrm 7.11. My problem is to create a menu for a custom module. I want to put in the menu an import link and a few custom links. I tried with a solution that worked well for an old suitecrm instance. Unfortunately the solution did not work with 7.11.
I have read many posts on this topic but I did’nt find any solution.
Any one help on this?

I created in the modules/ folder a file menu.php with the following contents:

global $mod_strings, $app_strings, $sugar_config;
if(ACLController::checkAccess(‘Accounts’, ‘edit’, true))$module_menu[]=Array(“index.php?module=Accounts&action=EditView&return_module=Accounts&return_action=index”, $mod_strings[‘LNK_NEW_ACCOUNT’],“Create”, ‘Accounts’);
if(ACLController::checkAccess(‘Accounts’, ‘list’, true))$module_menu[]=Array(“index.php?module=Accounts&action=index&return_module=Accounts&return_action=DetailView”, $mod_strings[‘LNK_ACCOUNT_LIST’],“List”, ‘Accounts’);
if(ACLController::checkAccess(‘Accounts’, ‘import’, true))$module_menu[]=Array(“index.php?module=Import&action=Step1&import_module=Accounts&return_module=Accounts&return_action=index”, $mod_strings[‘LNK_IMPORT_ACCOUNTS’],“Import”, ‘Accounts’);

Thanks
Roberto

The file name is supposed to be Menu.php and not menu.php
Maybe that is the reason.

Another possibility is that the keys used in $mod_strings for your menu labels are not defined.

Hi,

I checked also that $mod_strings are defined and I tried with Menu.php but still doesn’t work.
Here is my module page where I want to add more links:

The method works perfectly with suitecrm 7.8 but apparently doesn’t work with Suitecrm 7.11 .