How to create master-detail reports

Hi,

We need to create some master-detail reports, that is:

Need to have a header with some fileds of a given record
Below the header we need to have a list of records from a related module.

Is there a way to do that in AOR? Does the AOR work with custom modules out of the box? If not, is there a way to ‘adapt’ custom modules in the source code, so that they would work with AOR? If not, are there other reporting solutions for that?

What I saw in AOR is that all the fileds would appear in same grid, so columns with information from master module would be show duplicated. Also, when using custom modules, the results are blank.

SuiteCRM 7.3.2 / Windows Server 2012 R2 / IIS 8 / PHP 5.4.44 as fastcgi / SQL Server 2012 SP2

Thank you,

Best regards

Roman.

People, please at least give me a clue where to ask for help on this. I thought this place would be the most appropriate.

Thank you in advance.

Roman.

You’ll have to look at the kreporter plugin, you can develop in ireports and load them into SuiteCRM using the plugin

Thank you for the reply.
If I understand you correctly, these would be the steps to follow:

1. Create the report in iRerport designer (jasperReports). I didnt test it, but I suppose part of this would be to create custom queries to access the database directly.
  2. Load the report using kreporter plugin. Could you be more precise pleae, which funcionality/plugin of Kreporter to use to achieve this?
    This 2nd step is not clear for me. I have KReporter (3.1 paid edition), with all possible plugins, but I didnt see anything to load jasperreports into it. Should I install the report in the JasperReport server previously?

If you had any previous experience with this, I would appreciate more details about your solution. I can also pay you consulting hours to get this working, if you know how to do it, please send me a pm so we can share contact information.

However, to benefit all the community, it would be great to share the steps in here.

I think this approach is not user friendly (I mean the end user would need good technical skills), but is better than nothing.

Roman.

My apologies, I should stated the ZuckerReports plugin with iReports, the project is defunct but the plugin still works, I have it running with reports from iReport 5.6.

Kreporter has its own interface for report development, there are several examples on you tube you can look at, as for Zucker, if if still need help let me know.

Has anyone worked out how to implement master / not-detail reports in AOR? i.e. a list of master records that DO NOT have a detail record?