How to add shortcuts to Create Dropdown on Toolbar

How would I add more shortcuts to the CREATE dropdown on the Tooblar please?

See attached image

I would like to add Create Case and Create Project Task

Many thanks

you can look into the file at

themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

Copy it to the custom folder and modify the List items with ID “toolbar”

Hi Cherub,

thank you. I tried it and then had to read some other documentation of where in the custom folder to put the public_html/help.example.com/custom/themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl file < is that directory correct?

I then found the List where to add the code and added it like so.

<li id="quickcreatetop" class="create dropdown nav navbar-nav quickcreatetop">
                    <a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-expanded="false">
                        {$APP.LBL_CREATE_BUTTON_LABEL}<span class="suitepicon suitepicon-action-caret"></span>
                    </a>
                    <ul class="dropdown-menu" role="menu">
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Cases&action=EditView&return_module=Cases&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Cases" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Accounts&action=EditView&return_module=Accounts&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Accounts" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Contacts&action=EditView&return_module=Contacts&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Contacts" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Opportunities&action=EditView&return_module=Opportunities&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Opportunities" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Leads&action=EditView&return_module=Leads&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Leads" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Documents&action=EditView&return_module=Documents&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Documents" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Calls&action=EditView&return_module=Calls&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Calls" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="index.php?module=Tasks&action=EditView&return_module=Tasks&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Tasks" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME"}</a></li>
                    </ul>
                </li>

The did a Quick Repair, logged out and back in again but find that it is not in there.
Perhaps my snippet to add the Cases is not correct?

If you search the FILE themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl you will see 3 occurrences of

You need to change all 3 of them. Then Run Repair/Rebuild, Clear Cache and see the menu.

Thanks Cherub. I have done the above and still it is not reflecting, so I am wondering if I put the /_headerModuleList.tpl in the right folder?
I have put it in

/public_html/crm.example.com/custom/themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

I believe this is right?

thank you

Did you manage to get this working?

I’ve been trying today and can’t seem to get the changes I make in the custom/themes directory work. If I change the _headersModuleList.tpl file in the themes/ directory it works as expected.

Where exactly in the custom folder are you placing the file?

And, did you try a Quick Repair and Rebuild?

I’m copying the following file:

./themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

to:

./custom/themes/SuiteP/tpls/_headerModuleList.tpl

Afterwards I run a quick repair and rebuild. Unfortunately any changes I make don’t appear to be working.

For example if I comment out the line below (around line number 668) I can still see the create documents option in the list:

<!--<li><a href="index.php?module=Documents&action=EditView&return_module=Documents&return_action=DetailView">{$APP.LBL_QUICK_CREATE}{sugar_translate module="Documents" label="LBL_MODULE_NAME
"}</a></li>-->

Whereas if I do the same thing in the original file as a test it behaves as expected. It appears that I’m somehow missing something that allows the custom file to be picked up and override the normal one found in SuiteP.

Ok, I just noticed this is something that broke somewhere around 7.11.8 and is in the process of being fixed.

My advice is to apply the changes in this PR which is the definitive (generic) fix:

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/8053/files

Thanks for your help, the work around did the trick!

I’m currently running 7.11.10 so definitely was affected by that issue.

That worked for me too…thanks everyone