How to add a new dashlet in the homepag?

I downloaded and tried SuiteCRM 7 and I want to add a new dashlet to my homepage logged as admin.

I can’t see an option called “Add new dashlet” like in SugarCRM. It’s this option disabled by default?

Please, let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Hi pepedeab,

The “Add Dashlets” link has been moved and can be found under the “Home” tab in the Main menu/top menu.

Thanks,

Will.

You’ll find that option under the HOME button.

I know, it’s strange to have drop-down options on a HOME button…but that’s where it is.
Regards
Andrew

I’m still having the same problem. I found another topic where you wrote the location (in the Home menu), but when I applied the Spanish language pack, the option dissapeared.

When I change the language to English, the option is available again.

I used this language pack:
http://www.sugarforge.org/projects/essugarcrmredk/

Do you know what is the file that I must edit to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Hi pepedeab,

This is an issue with languages and will be addressed in the next bug fix release.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Thanks!

In the English version, the Home menu generated by the index.php is:

<ul class="cssmenu">
<h3 class="home_h2">Actions</h3>
<li style="margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px;">
<a onclick="return SUGAR.mySugar.showDashletsDialog();" href="">Add Dashlets</a>
</li>
<h3 class="home_h2">Recently Viewed</h3>
<br>
none
</ul>

The li item simply doesn’t appears on the Spanish version, the label “Add Dashlets” is correctly translated on the language pack for SugarCRM (file include/language/es_ES.lang.php > label ‘LBL_ADD_DASHLETS’).

Hope this help you to fix it.

Hi pepedeab,

We know of this issue and the resolution for it. This will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

Will.

hi,

i’v downloaded last version, seems still have the issue. Is there a workaround ?

Thanks a lot

Hi Dimitri,

This has been fixed. Are you using SuiteCRM 7.0.2? Please provide a screenshot.

Thanks,

Will.