how do you actually install SuiteCRM?

hi all,

i’m new to this and really don’t know much about php and running servers. i am trying to get this to work and i just can’t figure it out. can anyone help with some simplified instructions/ advise?

There is a guide here:

https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

Basically you copy over the SuiteCRM files to your server, set appropriate file permissions, and run the install.php from a browser, then use the graphical wizard to complete the install.

This assumes you have a proper stack set up first in your server: web server, database, PHP.

You might want to share if this is Windows or Linux, self-hosted or shared hosting, etc.

1 Like

Basically it isn’t that easy. There are numerous failure points. “This assumes you have a proper stack set up first in your server: web server, database, PHP” I checked off all the requirements and met them. For some reason it hangs up during database creation. I see all the tables but if I kill the install and try to log in I get

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.’ in {install path hidden}/suitecrm/include/utils.php:1692 Stack trace: #0 {install path hidden}/suitecrm/include/database/DBManager.php(345): sugar_die(‘Database failur…’) #1 {install path hidden}suitecrm/include/database/DBManager.php(321): DBManager->registerError(’ Query Failed: …’, ‘MySQL error 114…’, true) #2 {install path hidden}/suitecrm/include/database/MysqliManager.php(160): DBManager->checkError(’ Query Failed: …’, true) #3 {install path hidden}/suitecrm/include/OutboundEmail/OutboundEmail.php(495): MysqliManager->query(‘INSERT INTO out…’, true) #4 {install path hidden}/suitecrm/include/OutboundEmail/OutboundEmail.php(396): OutboundEmail->save() #5 {install path hidden}/suitecrm/modules/Administration/Administration.php(135): OutboundEmail->getSystemMailerSettings() #6 {install path hidden}/suitecrm/include/entryPoint.php(192): Administration->retrieveSettings( in {install path hidden}suitecrm/include/utils.php on line 1692

i seem to be getting somewhere, i have accessed my web server, moved files and am currently running through the install process… fingers crossed

it has been sat on this for a while though

installer seems to fail, it could be permissions, how do i change these?

For both of you:

often it is necessary to increase some settings in php.ini (memory_limit and max_execution_time), if you can’t do it yourselves due to hosting limitations, you’ll have to ask your hosting service.

But I would appreciate it if aeqquus started his own thread, and if both of you would give information about your systems. Some things like your PHP version might look innocuous to you, but might ring alarm bells for people like me who have helped with hundreds of installations. More information really helps me help you.