How can I create tabs for individual projects?

On SuiteCRM 7.14.4.

My company is very project-heavy, and we are using SuiteCRM to be able to manage individual projects. The idea is to have a main dashboard tab for every individual project, and then add the one single project per tab to a “my projects” dashlet within that tab. For example, Tab 1 will have Project 1, Tab 2 Project 2, and so on.

However, I can’t seem to add only one specific project to a tab. I add in the My Projects dashlet, and can see each project that I’ve created, and am unable to pick a single one to keep in that dashlet within that specific tab. Any help with this?

Thank you so much!

Hi @ferpalmcap

I’m not sure whether I understand you correctly.
You’ve got few projects but working mostly with those - therefore, you’d like to see those projects on your dashboard?

Dashboard would be the standard / out of the box dashboard?

You can create reports and place them as report widgets.
Even multiple ones on one tab, to create specific tabs on the dashboard.

Check out this video for more details on the dashboard:

Pay attention to the amount of data you’re loading on the dashboard (even if it’s something like 1 mio records, grouped by month over 2 years or so - it can get slow).

Or would you want to see a different project detail page with dashboards / reports / insights about the project itself?
(which sounds more like a customization project)

Essentially, I’d like each project to have its own individual tab. Therefore, what I am envisioning is basically many tabs on the homepage, each with the project’s name. From there, if you were to click on a tab, the first dashlet to greet you would be “My Projects,” and from here I can see the information ONLY for the project that the tab is named after.

The issue is that when I add the “My Projects” tab, I cannot add only one individual project to the dashlet; instead, I can see all of the projects which I have created. Additionally, I’m unable to filter them in a way that would only display one or a couple of them based on, for example, Status: I’m only able to filter based on Date Created and Date Modified.

I think, on home page you cannot add multiple tabs for individual projects. The dashlet will show you list of records.

Dashlets

Yes, exactly.
You won’t get far with the standard widgets / dashlets.

Check out my video at 9:45.
That’s how I’d do it - create all the reports that you need.
If you need the same report (let’s say all active project tasks for all projects individually) you’d still be able to duplicate that report per project and change the filter to project x, project y, etc.

Now, for every project, you’d create one tab and place your project related reports on each appropriate tab.