HELP!

[size=5]I tried everythin to install it but everytime i get this! -
[color=#ff0000]The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password[/color]
[/size]

[size=5]Please tell me what to do![/size]

Use the command in your operating system that works with your database to connect to your web server so it talks to your PHP and your SuiteCRM can work.

(of course, if I knew exactly which types and versions of those components you’re using, I might be able to help more)

1 Like

[size=4]Ubuntu 16.04.3
Apache2.4
PHP Version 7.1.8-2+
MySQL 5.7
MySQL Server 5,7
Tomcat 8
JDK 8.1

Thanx![/size]

If it’s Ubuntu 16.04, do you want to try my install notes?

https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/11561-installing-on-ubuntu-16-04-1

The problem you’re having seems to be because PHP can’t talk to MySQL, or you’re not passing the correct credentials. But perhaps just trying everything from the beginning might solve it.

[size=4]I tried everythin but gettin the same result …[/size]

Is the database on the same computer as SuiteCRM?

In the SuiteCRM installer, what are you using as the database address?

Can you access your database from phpMyAdmin? Or from the MySQL command-line?

Yes everythin else works fine. The database address is my localhost…

Can you try and see if there’s any error in

install.log

or

suitecrm.log

Also, try using a simple password, without any special characters.

[sup][size=4]2017-08-28 15:20:50…FATAL:: errors have been detected! User will not be allowed to continue. Errors are as follow:
2017-08-28 15:20:50… The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password
2017-08-28 15:20:50…End DB Check Process *************
2017-08-28 15:21:17…Begin DB Check Process *************
2017-08-28 15:21:17…testing with mysql:mysqli
2017-08-28 15:21:17…Basic form info is valid, continuing Process.
2017-08-28 15:21:17…Testing user account…
2017-08-28 15:21:17…ERROR:: The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password[/size][/sup]

If I were you I’d concentrate on getting the MySQL<> PHP connection working. It doesn’t look like a SuiteCRM issue, but a stack configuration issue. Maybe you can search online for help on that.

Although on Ubuntu if you used the default way to install MYSQL and PHP when installing the OS, this should be effortless…