Help with fields on invoices using pdf creator

Hi,

I would like to use the “note” field on the invoice form to contain a short note, such as a reference to a purchase order number from the client.

I cannot see to find the field when I use the pdf creator.

Where does the note field reside, and can I print it on the invoice?

Thanks

Robert

All fields that you can use on the Invoice will be available in the ‘Insert Variable’ drop downs for the Invoice module, when creating a PDF Template.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi,
Thanks for the very rapid reply.

I have looked in that tab and can see that the “note” field is not available.

When I click the tab in the editor and view the code I see that various database fields are accessed.

I am wondering where the “note” field is kept so that I can add it into the html code for the page.

The note seems to be stored somewhere, because it is visible appended to the end of the “description” field in a different colour when you view the AOS version of invoice.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Its the description field in the aos_products_quotes table. That table stores the line items for invoices and quotes but its not as simple as just adding it to the HTML code for the page.

I am assuming you are talking about the Note filed that sits under the product name in the LIne Items section.

Hi,
Thanks for the extremely rapid reply. I really appreciate your help.

In the line items section I see the Description field beneath the Product name field. That description seems to come in from the product file automatically.

The Note field I am asking about is beneath the List price in the line items section.
When you create an invoice with a product you seem to see that field just sitting there empty. It is very inviting to write in it if you need to Note something.

I am not a power user, but today the client wanted me to make a note of her purchase order number on the invoice.
I thought I would use the Note field.

I just want to print that note field on the invoice form. I did not know how to do it.

Just to get the document out I created the invoice and edited the pdf in Word.

Please help.

Robert