Help Needed: Creating New Extension and Entity Module with New Pages in SuiteCRM 8

Hi SuiteCRM Community,

I am currently working on a project where I need to create a new extension and entity module with new pages in SuiteCRM 8. My goal is to ensure that this module is installable. I’m new to SuiteCRM 8 and its development environment. I’ve read through the developer guide and some forum posts, but I still need some clarification and guidance to get started.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Could you provide a step-by-step guide on how to create a new entity module with custom pages in SuiteCRM 8?
  2. What is the best way to structure the new module and its components (both frontend and backend)?
  3. After making changes, do I need to run yarn run build-dev:defaultExt every time?
  4. Once the module is ready, how do I package it properly to ensure it is installable via the Module Loader in SuiteCRM?
  5. Are there specific files or configurations I need to include in the manifest file to ensure a smooth installation?

I would greatly appreciate any advice, detailed steps, or resources you can provide. If there are any common pitfalls or best practices I should be aware of, please let me know.

Thank you for your support!