Help!! javascript error

Hey guys,

i need your help asap pls!

I tried to edit a a javascript file as I needed to change planned calls start date time to 1 minute increments not just 15, 30, 45 so I edited the file as per the link below

http://forums.sugarcrm.com/f6/modify-date-start-minutes-schedule-call-meeting-50870/

I then ran Rebuild Minified JS and Repair JS Files and hell broke loose. Pages no longer load. I only see an empty page with top menu and subpanels. I then replaced the edited file with the original one and ran a build and repair, that did not work. I then replaced the whole jssource folder with the original folder from the download package and that did not work either.

I unfortunately did not back up and I’m not willing to pay $15 to hostgator to restore from their backup which is over 6 days old (no good) + I have done alooooooooooot of work with pdf templates and custom field, to each freaking module, in the past day or so along with email templates. I do not want to do it all over again… I do not want to install it all over again.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASSEEEE HELP!!

Thanks.

1 Like

Try grabbing the install ZIP for SuiteCRM finding the files you changed, and restore them from there. Then try a repair and rebuild, DONT hold me to this, but i think it would work. Only restore the JS file you changed. I would recommend NOT using shared hosting, You will eventually use too many resources on the server and then receive a letter from them saying you need to upgrade to a better plan. If it is used just for development i’m sure it will be fine, But i recommend to do development away from the interwebz, and once you have a stable build, transfer it to a dedicated or virtual hosting.

Good Luck

I did that as soon as the problem occurred but of no avail!!!

Turn on error reporting in php and see what breaks

How do I get that? however, here’ what the crm log is giving me.

Fri Jun 13 14:17:48 2014 [16339][1][FATAL] Bad subpanel definition, it has incorrect value for get_subpanel_data property aos_contracts_documents
Fri Jun 13 14:18:37 2014 [20911][1][FATAL] Bad subpanel definition, it has incorrect value for get_subpanel_data property aos_contracts_documents
Fri Jun 13 14:23:42 2014 [23149][1][FATAL] Bad subpanel definition, it has incorrect value for get_subpanel_data property aos_contracts_documents
Tue Jun 17 02:30:04 2014 [13823][1][FATAL] Bad subpanel definition, it has incorrect value for get_subpanel_data property aos_contracts_documents
Wed Jun 18 03:58:46 2014 [28651][1][FATAL] Bad subpanel definition, it has incorrect value for get_subpanel_data property aos_contracts_documents
Wed Jun 18 03:59:24 2014 [32116][1][FATAL] Bad subpanel definition, it has incorrect value for get_subpanel_data property aos_contracts_documents

Here’s the error log in php HELP PLS!

[19-Jun-2014 05:31:01 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_destroy() [function.session-destroy]: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 317
[19-Jun-2014 11:50:20 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_destroy() [function.session-destroy]: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 317
[20-Jun-2014 00:08:33 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_destroy() [function.session-destroy]: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 317
[20-Jun-2014 13:59:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: include_once(/vardefs.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 646
[20-Jun-2014 13:59:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/vardefs.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm:/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/include/HTMLPurifier/standalone:/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/include/…:.:/opt/php53/lib/php’) in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 646
[20-Jun-2014 13:59:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: include_once(/vardefs.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 646
[20-Jun-2014 13:59:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/vardefs.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm:/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/include/HTMLPurifier/standalone:/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/include/…:.:/opt/php53/lib/php’) in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 646
[20-Jun-2014 13:59:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: include_once(modules/Import/maps/vardefs.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 646
[20-Jun-2014 13:59:03 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘modules/Import/maps/vardefs.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm:/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/include/HTMLPurifier/standalone:/home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/include/…:.:/opt/php53/lib/php’) in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Administration/DiagnosticRun.php on line 646
[22-Jun-2014 01:27:52 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_destroy() [function.session-destroy]: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 317
[22-Jun-2014 01:28:24 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_destroy() [function.session-destroy]: Trying to destroy uninitialized session in /home3/steve/public_html/vcrm/modules/Users/authentication/SugarAuthenticate/SugarAuthenticate.php on line 317

FIXED! Its just permissions!!!

Which permissions were incorrect? It would be helpful to share for others having this issue(like myself)

Taking a guess here after the repair and rebuild the system has changed the permissions to match what is in the config file resulting in this issue that you have seen.

1 Like

I tried to change permissions for the entire crm directory. The permissions always reset back to what’s in the config file, so I edited the config file to match the permissions recommended from the hosting provider.

2 Likes

I had loads of issues using a plesk managed server. When I configure the default permissions in config.php it finally took care of the problem. I think my issue was the default group and user…

/crmroot/config.php

array (
    'dir_mode' => 1528,
    'file_mode' => 432,
    'user' => 'requireduser',
    'group' => 'requiredgroup',
  ),