Help HHS manage its obligations to patients!

Hi,
My name is Fred Trotter and I am a somewhat famous healthcare hacker. I have had a long term passion for Open Source. With that in mind, I wanted to let this community know about a new opportunity from Health and Human Services at the Office of Civil Rights.

Office of Civil Rights (OCR) at HHS is basically responsible for ensuring that the whole healthcare system adheres to the various patient-empowering policies that HHS releases. 

But they have a CRM problem. They are hiring an entrepreneur in residence for the role:
http://www.hhs.gov/idealab/apply-mighty-process-improvement-skills-help-hhs-public/

Ignoring what they are asking for, specifically, and focusing on what they need: Someone who has open source chops in CRM, so that OCR does not become beholden (money wise especially) to someone like Salesforce. Obviously, knowing what little I know about this community, this seems like an excellent opportunity for someone from this community.

If you can split time, for the next year or so, between where-ever you live in the U.S. and Washington D.C. and you can handle working, at least briefly, in one of the massive (and important) bureaucracies in the Federal Government, then this might be for you.

If you decide to apply, you might tell them that Fred Trotter sent you and explain my reasoning for doing so. It might even help get you hired. Other than that there is no reason to contact me… I just happen to know about the role and how important it is, I have no official association with HHS.

I would have posted this to “jobs” if there was a forum area for that… but I did not see one…

Regards,
-FT