Google maps APIs to enable?

Hi

1.) I checked the documentation here regarding Google maps API:

and there is actually nothing written down on what actual Google maps API’s to enable:

and as you can see there is a lot of options. Enabling all maps API’s feels unnecessary and counter productive as I am certain there is only a few select that is needed , right?

2.) I’m guessing geocoding API’s is needed too? Which should be enabled of these options?

3.) Finally but last I can see that there is a cron job needed for maintenance of the geocoding?
Could you guys please give me an example of a correctly formatted cron job for this in C-panel if possible?

Thanks a bunch in advance for the help! :slight_smile: :+1:
Kind regards
PowerQuest

When you are in Admin / Google Maps Settings, and on the top you click “Get API key” which is the first step recommended in the Docs, you are taken to the

Maps JavaScript API

So that’s the one.

About the cron job for CPanel, it will be different in different hostings. You can check your Admin / Schedulers screen, the instructions at the bottom - these are not the same thing, but will provide you with some information specific to your installation.

Thank you @pgr for your kind help and response.

So there is actually only one API to enable?

• Maps JavaScript API

Not the geocoding API too?

As for cron/c-panel the standard formatting is:
/usr/local/bin/php /home/cpanelhotelname/public_html/path/to/cron/script

Kind regards

I don’t know about this, I jut go look in the product after I read your questions… :wink:

Scrolling a bit down, I see a configuration option for “Geocoding API URL” with default value https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?sensor=false

So I guess it uses that one too.

If it needs something else, I am sure it will complain and let you know…

Maps Javascript and Geocode API both are needed for maps module.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind help, @cherub-chum

Thank you @pgr too for your kind help.
I’ll try to figure the cron out. It can’t be that hard right? :wink: :+1:

1 Like