Gmail integration

I have managed to get Gmail integration working! I can send an email from SuiteCRM, using my gmail credentials.

However, I cannot look at my gmail inbox inside of SuiteCRM (ideally, I’d like to not go to the Gmail interface and manage email through SuiteCRM).

Is this even possible? I’ve googled for a fair while now and have seen it in SugarCRM, but not Suite. Do I need a module for this, or something else?

Thanks in advance.

You just need to setup your Inbound email to work with Gmail.

This is a user-specific configuration, you do it from the Users profile (from the top-right menu), email settings. Then supply your GMail IMAP specifications.

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I’ve not described my problem well enough. I have successfully configured incoming email. It all works - I pretty much confirmed this as when I configured the email, SuiteCRM could see all my Gmail folders.

However, the problem I’m having is accessing/viewing the emails in my gmail inbox through SuiteCRM -is this even possible? I’ve looked at creating a new dash, but that requires me to set up some kind of filter - when really, I want to view all the email in my inbox (then I can attach it to our records).

Again, many thanks

I am not sure what problem you’re having. Maybe you could include a screenshot?

If you set up Gmail IMAP inbound account in the user profile, and you were shown your Gmai lIMAP folder names, then you’re connecting. So in your Emails module you should see a list of your Inbox emails, without any further configuration needed.

You can see some screenshots of this in the Documentation:

https://docs.suitecrm.com/user/core-modules/emails/

Thank you for the link to the documentation - I was in the right place by going to All -> emails, but am getting a report - “you have no records saved. Create or import one now”. What is this? I want to check all my emails.

This is a screenshot of what I’m getting.

Thank you for the link to the documentation - I was in the right place by going to All -> emails, but am getting a report - “you have no records saved. Create or import one now”. What is this? I want to check all my emails.

This is a screenshot of what I’m getting.

Is kabads the same person as adcripps? :huh:

Your screenshot is 7.10.1.Please upgrade to 7.10.2 and tell me if it improves anything.

On my 7.10.2. I can read my Gmail inbox with no problem…

I am the same person - I seem to have lost access to the other account - my password manager isn’t being nice to me. I didn’t realise that there had been a new release - I only did an upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I’ll upgrade out of hours and then post back.

OK - so I’ve just updated to 7.10.2 successfully and am getting the same screenshot that I got before (i.e. the upgrade hasn’t changed the email problem). Where should I look next?

Tell us what you see in your logs at the time you open the Inbox:

suitecrm.log
php_errors.log

If there is nothing, please check also any errors at the time you save the Inbound email configuration.

So, the php_error.log didn’t have anything in it with a timestamp related to my actions. It turns out that this is working for another user - I’m the admin for this install, so it’s weird that my account has this problem. I’m not in sales and so haven’t created any accounts (or had much activity with this install). I use it more on the command line. I wonder if this could be a bug (with accounts that don’t have activity)?

Is your account the same server as that user? I mean, both Gmail, or both something? Or are they different?

And you have nothing in suitecrm.log?

We both have accounts on the same install of suitecrm and have the same gmail account domain (in the same domain).

suitecrm.log was full of a lot of stuff. I will paste it to pastebin. https://pastebin.com/cdbqr1ga - I’ve redacted some stuff in there with asterisks and the pastebin will expire in a day.

I can’t find anything relevant in your log. I believe there is a bug in Inbound email in 7.10.2. We’re trying to get it diagnosed (not easy, it’s not happening in our test systems).

There is a discussion here https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/18303-emails-in-7-10-2