Getting Leads and Target Entries More Visual With Image Fields

So, I have been working with a new CRM for a small business. We find that we are using the Target and Leads sections the most, related to upcoming email campaigns. One thing that has become more prevalent is the amount of contacts we are making when we do trade shows and expos this summer. I know that there are some mobile apps I might want to look into that might allow us to add to our Targets while on the road. However, I havent really found the right phone app (and possible SuiteCRM module) for it.

I did try one from Magnetic One Mobile:
https://magneticonemobile.com/products/business-card-reader-suitecrm/

but unfortunately its way of putting the business card photo file into my SuiteCRM system isnt quite as intuitive as I think Id like for our sales guys. Here is a screengrab showing how the photo file is handled once the mobile app sends in a new contact.

I would like to find out how I might have a business card file uploaded into a more prominent place. My sales guys’ probably would see it better if it was there and not in the History section like where Magnetic One’s app went:

Anyone know if such a solution exists for mobile? Looking over QuickCRM as it was another that came up in my search.

I don’t know about “business card files” whatever that is, but I do know that you can have Photo fields in Detail and Edit views, and you can even add little ones to List views.

QuickCRM (payed version) allows uploading pictures directly from your phone’s camera, but I never tried that feature. I only used pictures uploaded from files I already had.

From what I can see about some of these applications, the business card image does get sent as an image file. I just noticed that with the one I did try (by Magnetic One), it wasnt quite a photo field (within Suite CRM). Rather, it went into History/Notes as an attachment. Unfortunately, I would need to issue my credit card info over to QuickCRM for their trial period…just so I can see where that particular app maps the business card photo that would be sent from the phone. Im hoping Ill come across someone’s video walk through of QuickCRM on SuiteCRM so I can see for myself.

I think I can vouch for QuickCRM, they’re serious people, I wouldn’t worry too much about the credit card for the trial. They’re probably the largest SuiteCRM mobile app currently, and they’ve been around for many years. They are based in France and some people from SalesAgility know them personally.

Oh, its not a matter of security which I doubt. Its just that, because this is for my family’s business, they would need to give THEIR credit card number over (since they would be able to add this to their tax info). Because I dont have their credit card (for obvious reasons), I wouldn’t be able to execute QuickCRM’s trial.

If you have had experience with QuickCRM…would you be able to help me in my question regarding where QuickCRM might sort the business card file? Really, most of the people we meet at trade shows would be more like a Target than a Lead but, even if I can see that it maps to an intuitive spot in SuiteCRM Leads…that would help me have info to take back to my family for figuring out whether they might want to sign up for the trial.

You can ask their support to get more complete information, of course.

I never used that functionality with QuickCRM but what I would expect is this:

• you are in a contact’s detail view in the mobile app
  • you click a camera button, aim, and fire, grabbing a picture of said contact
  • that gets uploaded as an image file into the Contact’s record, as a photo field.

You can play with this right away on the Desktop, without the mobile app:

• go in Studio, Contacts (or Leads, or whatever)
  • add a Photo field
  • go into each view and put that field into the layout: edit view, detail view, list view.

Yeah. Im going to see if support can help me but, unfortunately, all their contact avenues are for existing customers with existing orders.

[i]- you are in a contact’s detail view in the mobile app

• you click a camera button, aim, and fire, grabbing a picture of said contact
  • that gets uploaded as an image file into the Contact’s record, as a photo field.

You can play with this right away on the Desktop, without the mobile app:

• go in Studio, Contacts (or Leads, or whatever)
  • add a Photo field
  • go into each view and put that field into the layout: edit view, detail view, list view.[/i]

See… this is all of the stuff I already walked through and understand regarding mobile apps. If you look at my original post, you will see that I did go through essentially a process like this, but trying MagneticOne’s software. Their downside is that they dont have the business card image mapped to a field in a Contact or Lead entry…but rather that it falls under the History/Notes section. That is the thing Im trying to not have happen with whatever app I end up going with. So, the above Im quoting here is basically all I can speculate with as well.

Only a set of screengrabs from a SuiteCRM user (who uses Quick CRM) would help confirm or deny what we are theorizing here. The mapping part is the aspect Im trying to sort because I need an intuitive space for that business card image file to end up

Anybody can ask here:

https://store.suitecrm.com/support/quickcrm

The feature I mention is publicized in their website as “Use your camera to add pictures in Picture type fields” so I guess that’s a pretty good description of what it is. I use the free version of QuickCRM so I don’t have that feature myself, it’s only for the Full Edition…

Hello,

I confirm that the camera can be used for image fields.