Fresh Install v8.6.2 does not work

I’m on a shared-host system, running PHP 8.2. I installed SuiteCRM 8.6.2 using the Softaculous software installer. I tried to get to the admin login panel, but it was completely white.

Then I reloaded/refreshed the page and got these:
Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Attribute\AttributeBag::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Attribute/AttributeBag.php on line 134

Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Attribute\AttributeBag::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Attribute/AttributeBag.php on line 144

Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Session::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Session.php on line 131

Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Session::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Session.php on line 141

I then tried to re-run the install.php but because I used the Softaculous installer, it’s locked but told me to edit the config.php file to change a variable. I can not find the config.php file in the SuiteCRM folder – it is not there.

What do I need to do?

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the Community! :tada:

I wouldn’t recommend Softaculous installers for SuiteCRM… too often I find there’s something missing, and then it’s hard to troubleshoot because you don’t know what they did in their script.

Your problem is not the “Deprecated” errors - those are never a breaking issue, they’re actually just warnings for future developers.

So it must be something else.

I also downloaded the package. I’ll remove the faulty install and will do a fresh install and see what happens.

1 Like

I did a fresh install. I re-checked the PHP version …I’m actually on 8.3 . Ran the public/install.php. It passed the checks with 2 or 3 warnings. (Inbound email, LDAP and IMAP extensions not found)

Clicked on “Proceed” and then this:
Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Attribute\AttributeBag::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Attribute/AttributeBag.php on line 134

Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Attribute\AttributeBag::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Attribute/AttributeBag.php on line 144

Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Session::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Session.php on line 131

Deprecated : Return type of Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Session\Session::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/deafinfo/domains/deafinfotech.icu/public_html/dig-members/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Session/Session.php on line 141

Thanks again.

I can get the log file if needed.

PHP 8.3 is not a good idea:

If you’re installing SuiteCRM v7.x:

If you’re installing SuiteCRM v8.x:

In your php.ini, turn off display_errors so that those messages don’t show on screen. Restart web server to make effective.

Please remember I am running this on a shared web hosting platform. We do not have our own servers.

PHP 7.4 is no longer supported/updated. but yes, it is still offered by the web hosting company. I do not use any unsupported PHP versions due to security issues. The recommended version is PHP 8.2. I have rolled back to PHP 8.2. I have modified the PHP.INI to turn off the display errors.

I was able to complete the installation. However, the install script did not “update” the page after the configuration was done. Meaning it did not go to the next page (or finish page)

It’s working for now …but sometimes I get plain HTML/text pages instead of the more normal composed layout Makes it a bit hard to see boxes I am not sure if it’s my browser (Chrome) or the web server (it’s in Germany) or the SuiteCRM itself.

It’s acting like it doesn’t recognize CSS

That’s very typical of when you didn’t configure file ownerships or permissions properly. SuiteCRM can’t write to it’s cache directory, or can’t read necessary files.

On the shared hosting system, the permissions and ownership are automatically good - files are 644, dirs are 755, and owners are set to the user’s account username, which equals the web server username. The issue with the missing CSS is probably the default path to the cache directory, so reading from the cache is failing, the files aren’t where expected. If you step thru and install 8 on shared hosting with this video, it should work:

Thanks for the helpful tip.

One small issue most people aren’t aware …videos are sometimes useless to a Deaf person. I can’t rely on the Goggle Chrome auto-captioning feature to translate the spoken words into correct text.

I’ll watch the video later …I’m on other things at the moment.

jp

No worries! Thanks for mentioning. There’s an associated blog post for reading, so you won’t have to rely on the video captions:

I’ve actually had this recently on a shared hosting environment, that this wasn’t enough.
So I had to use the instruction:

• If the group name differs from the username apache is running with, you may need 0664 instead of 0644, and 2775 instead of 2755

1 Like

I did watch the YouTube with captioning …I had to chuckle a few times. When you said “SuiteCRM”, it got captioned as “sweet server”

There were other words that made me do “internal correction” to make sense.

Hilarious

Will read the blog and do the steps (file permissions) and the last step I missed …the CRON.

sometimes I get plain HTML/text pages instead of the more normal composed layout Makes it a bit hard to see boxes I am not sure if it’s my browser (Chrome) or the web server (it’s in Germany) or the SuiteCRM itself.

It’s acting like it doesn’t recognize CSS

Hi @J.Powell
Try this and tell us how it goes.
Note: Screens show Suite 7 however all steps are exactly the same on Suite 8.

1. Login to your Suite 8.6.2 and go to (Your User drop down menu located at the upper right corner of the page) > Profile:
    suite user menu profile

2. Tap button Reset User Preferences.
    suite reset user preferences

3. If you page looks like this, and your theme shows you the Actions drop down menu. Hit Actions and then hit Reset User Preferences:
    suite actions reset user prefs

Now, all pages you view should display normal with the themed CSS, proper layout, style looks, and appearance.

Post back if this solution works. If solved, click the “Solution” button directly under this reply!