Fresh Install, Reports Cannot be Created without Fatal Error

Trying SuiteCRM to see if it will work for our needs. Did a fresh install of the latest version using our host’s Softaculous software installer on their/our shared Linux hosting server. Everything seems to be working and I have added several sample items (Contacts, Projects, Leads, email, Products, etc.), plus set up what I think are the key admin settings.

However, if I try to create a report, after adding a field to a report, then clicking Save, I keep getting the same error (see below). I’m not seeing any errors in my Safari Javascript console, but cannot get a report to save or show up. I have also checked to be sure the permissions are set according to the install guide.

Really like the interface and it appears that this suite has what we need. However, a bit concerned that the reports section will not work. Have over the years done numerous Joomla installs, customizations and management, so not unfamiliar with installing a php software solution, but this has me stumped. Hopefully it’s something simple to resolve. Thanks for any help/guidance.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Zend_Search_Lucene_Exception’ not found in /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php:67 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php(361): Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_File_Filesystem->__construct(‘modules/AOD_Ind…’) #1 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Index/SegmentInfo.php(286): Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_Directory_Filesystem->getFileObject(’_l.cfs’) #2 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene.php(489): Zend_Search_Lucene_Index_SegmentInfo->__construct(Object(Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_Directory_Filesystem), ‘_l’, 1, -1, NULL, 1, true) #3 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene.php(570): Zend_Search_Lucene->_readSegmentsFile() in /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php on line 67

Just in case…

Version 7.11.15

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

Pretty well answers our question on whether to recommend suiteCRM to our clients. Not much support offered for what is supposedly an “Open Source” application. Too bad. Looked pretty good, but without an active user community, not much good for most clients.

I’m suspicious of that Softaculous installer you used. I don’t know what that does. The normal installation is quite straight-forward, if you can navigate Linux permissions, so I’d recommend that one.

You don’t have files in the vendor directory. Why? They are in the installation package, didn’t they get copied? Your problem is typical of people who install by copying from Github, instead of using the installer, and then forget to run composer install --no-dev to update vendor directory; but I don’t understand how the Softaculous installer works, so I can’t figure it out.