Fresh Install, Reports Cannot be Created without Fatal Error

Trying SuiteCRM to see if it will work for our needs. Did a fresh install of the latest version using our hostā€™s Softaculous software installer on their/our shared Linux hosting server. Everything seems to be working and I have added several sample items (Contacts, Projects, Leads, email, Products, etc.), plus set up what I think are the key admin settings.

However, if I try to create a report, after adding a field to a report, then clicking Save, I keep getting the same error (see below). Iā€™m not seeing any errors in my Safari Javascript console, but cannot get a report to save or show up. I have also checked to be sure the permissions are set according to the install guide.

Really like the interface and it appears that this suite has what we need. However, a bit concerned that the reports section will not work. Have over the years done numerous Joomla installs, customizations and management, so not unfamiliar with installing a php software solution, but this has me stumped. Hopefully itā€™s something simple to resolve. Thanks for any help/guidance.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ā€˜Zend_Search_Lucene_Exceptionā€™ not found in /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php:67 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php(361): Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_File_Filesystem->__construct(ā€˜modules/AOD_Indā€¦ā€™) #1 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Index/SegmentInfo.php(286): Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_Directory_Filesystem->getFileObject(ā€™_l.cfsā€™) #2 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene.php(489): Zend_Search_Lucene_Index_SegmentInfo->__construct(Object(Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_Directory_Filesystem), ā€˜_lā€™, 1, -1, NULL, 1, true) #3 /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene.php(570): Zend_Search_Lucene->_readSegmentsFile() in /home/xxxx/public_html/suitecrm/vendor/zf1/zend-search-lucene/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php on line 67

Just in caseā€¦

Version 7.11.15

Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

Pretty well answers our question on whether to recommend suiteCRM to our clients. Not much support offered for what is supposedly an ā€œOpen Sourceā€ application. Too bad. Looked pretty good, but without an active user community, not much good for most clients.

Iā€™m suspicious of that Softaculous installer you used. I donā€™t know what that does. The normal installation is quite straight-forward, if you can navigate Linux permissions, so Iā€™d recommend that one.

You donā€™t have files in the vendor directory. Why? They are in the installation package, didnā€™t they get copied? Your problem is typical of people who install by copying from Github, instead of using the installer, and then forget to run composer install --no-dev to update vendor directory; but I donā€™t understand how the Softaculous installer works, so I canā€™t figure it out.