Fresh install - Fatal error: Declaration of Doctrine\Bundle error

New to SuiteCRM.

I am trying to install the application locally on my Windows 10 PC using XAMPP.

Downloaded v8, unzipped, copied into htdocs and have the following error when running:

https://localhost/SuiteCRM/public/install.php

Warning: Declaration of Doctrine\Bundle\DoctrineBundle\DependencyInjection\DoctrineExtension::loadObjectManagerCacheDriver(array $objectManager, Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder $container, $cacheName) should be compatible with Symfony\Bridge\Doctrine\DependencyInjection\AbstractDoctrineExtension::loadObjectManagerCacheDriver(array $objectManager, Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder $container, string $cacheName) in C:\xampp\htdocs\SuiteCRM\vendor\doctrine\doctrine-bundle\DependencyInjection\DoctrineExtension.php on line 67

Warning: Declaration of Doctrine\Bundle\DoctrineBundle\DependencyInjection\DoctrineExtension::loadCacheDriver($cacheName, $objectManagerName, array $cacheDriver, Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder $container): string should be compatible with Symfony\Bridge\Doctrine\DependencyInjection\AbstractDoctrineExtension::loadCacheDriver(string $cacheName, string $objectManagerName, array $cacheDriver, Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder $container) in C:\xampp\htdocs\SuiteCRM\vendor\doctrine\doctrine-bundle\DependencyInjection\DoctrineExtension.php on line 67

Fatal error: Declaration of Doctrine\Bundle\DoctrineBundle\DependencyInjection\DoctrineExtension::getObjectManagerElementName($name): string must be compatible with Symfony\Bridge\Doctrine\DependencyInjection\AbstractDoctrineExtension::getObjectManagerElementName(string $name) in C:\xampp\htdocs\SuiteCRM\vendor\doctrine\doctrine-bundle\DependencyInjection\DoctrineExtension.php on line 67

Supressing warnings results in the last fatal error only.

PHP Version 7.1.27.

Permissions on the SuiteCRM folder set to All Full - control

Any idea how to fix this error?

Hi, welcome to the Community! :tada:

Your PHP version is not compatible with v8, you can check everything here:

Updated php and install runs but I can’t get past the licence page.

A number of errors in the console refering to files that don’t exist. No install folder and the files refered to in the themes folder do not exist either.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that you haven’t set ownerships and permissions correctly.

Are you following the documentation for installation?

Yes I am following these:

The permissions have been set according to section 2.3.

Shouldn’t there be an install folder though (as error in the console log suggests)? There is not one in my set up and neither in the downloaded zip. Am I missing something here?

Where did you download the zip from? If directly from GitHub, then yes, there are parts missing. You should download from www.suitecrm.com

Note that the instructions for ownership of files have to be followed with the necessary variations for your system. It’s not always www-data, you have to use the actual user name that your web server is running under.

It’s better to watch the server-side logs for installation problems, rather than the browser console.

Hi @rgriffiths

Please check out this blog and video. - SuiteCRM 8

I downloaded from Suitecrm and made the necessary permission settings as per the docs.

Thanks for the video. I had followed those steps but I had the problem at the licence page.

I will check the server logs.

Hi @rgriffiths,

You mentioned that “install runs” but weren’t able to get past the license screen.

The correct Suite8 installer requires the license screen to be read and checked and the details to be filled in on the next tab also. If you did run an installer could you point as to where to? Did it look like the old Suite7 installer? did you run it via the command line?

Thanks!
Mac