File module blank page 7.8.3 and 7.9.0

Hello,

Inside module builder I created file module and deployed it. When I try to create record i get blank page.
Does anyone have solution for this?

Hi, welcome.

We don’t have a solution, we don’t know the slightest thing about what system you’re running… :slight_smile:

A blank page usually means a PHP fatal error. This means you will find a message in your logs about it.

It might be just a matter of fixing your permissions (if this is on Linux, I don’t know if it is).

I am running Ubuntu 16.04, my permissions are set to 777 for SuiteCRM.
This is the error: PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’, expecting identifier (T_STRING) in /var/www/html/SuiteCRM/modules/file_test/views/view.edit.php on line 45, referer: http://localhost/SuiteCRM/index.php?action=ajaxui

view.edit.php

At line 45 :
class <module_name > ViewEdit extends ViewEdit{

}
I changed it to :
class file_testViewEdit extends ViewEdit{

}

PS: file_test is the name i gave to my module :slight_smile:

Don’t use 777 permissions, it’s very insecure, just use the recommended permissions on the SuiteCRM folder:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
    sudo chmod -R 755 .
    sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php 

I don’t fully understand what you did. If you have a problem in one of the actions in Studio, that’s one thing; if you have a problem while editing files as a developer, that’s another.

If you started with Studio, make sure it works well before going into the code, otherwise you will never know if something is broken…

To develop it really helps if you get Jim Mackin’s eBook “SuiteCRM for Developers”.

Problem was:

1. Created file module in module builder ( I did no changes to fields or layouts )
  2. Deployed it
  3. Repair
  4. Tried to create record for my custom module and got blank page

I know that its unsafe I made that instance just to test the file module. It couldn’t be fixed from studio, it was a clean module i deployed from module builder.
I did the same thing in 7.7.9 version of SuiteCRM and I could create there records normally for my custom file module. I know this is not upgrade safe and that it doesnt help me because if I make another file module it will not work again. I think when file module is deployed from module builder that class in view.edit.php does not get the proper name ( it should be named like my custom file module name i think )

It might be really a bug in Studio…

Can you try reproducing the issue on this live demo?

https://www.softaculous.com/demos/SuiteCRM

Hi,

Script Demos are temporarily down.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I will try it when it comes up

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Hi,

I recreated the bug. Try to create a record for file module.

Thank you

Hi,

This is confirmed as a bug. I’ve created a PR for it here: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/3678

Let me know how you get on. Thanks for the contribution!