Fields added to contact module not available via V8 API

I’ve added a few fields to the contact and project modules. When making GET requests to
/Api/V8/module/Contacts the new fields are not returned, but GET requests to /Project includes my added fields. I noticed that when I add fields to the contact module I don’t have the option to Save and Deploy, only Save. I can add the new fields to the Contact layout and edit them, so everything seems correct , other than the missing Save and Deploy option and not seeing them the added fields via the V8 API.

Any guidance on what I’m doing wrong or how to fix this? I’m new to SuiteCRM and focused on API integrations and want to make sure I understand how to extend all existing modules and add new modules so that they can be accessed via V8 API.

Thanks in advance.

Why hello @asher.atkinson Welcome to the community :wave:

There is a known issue about filtering using custom fields on the API, but as far as I’m aware there isn’t bug on just retrieving them (but I’ll look around if there is). Is there any failures on the SuiteCRM side i.e. error logs that could help.

The Save (&Deploy) is irrelevant from what I can recall as creating the field itself should create the suitable defs.

On a similar note If you want to try a patch out to help with custom field filtering then confirming if this works would help :+1: . https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/8798

Thanks for the reply and sorry for not acknowledging your welcome. In the end the issue was related to misconfigured load balancing. I’m sure I’ll be back on this forum with other questions, but I think I’m set for now. Thanks again.