Fatal error when installing more than one additional languages

Hi all,

Probably not important but I wanted to share and get your idea if all is OK. I assume this is nothing to do with language packs or orders.

After fresh/clean install of 7.11.11 on CentOS 8.1, I have tried to install German & Turkish language packs. As documented I have downloaded recent files( from https://crowdin.com/project/suitecrmtranslations ) .

Step 1 - Admin - Module Loader - Upload German & Turkish language packs.

Step 2 - Select Turkish and Install then Commit -OK and clicked BACK TO MODULE LOADER

Step 3 - Select German and Install then Commit - OK and clicked BACK TO MODULE LOADER

Module Loader

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on null in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php:210 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManager.php(882): UpgradeHistory->UninstallAvailable(Array, Object(UpgradeHistory)) #1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(418): PackageManager->getinstalledPackages() #2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(128): PackageManagerDisplay::getDisplayScript(0) #3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard.php(258): PackageManagerDisplay::buildPackageDisplay(ā€™<form name="theā€¦ā€™, ā€˜<input type=hidā€¦ā€™, ā€˜index.php?modulā€¦ā€™, Array) #4 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(834): include_once(ā€™/var/www/html/sā€¦ā€™) #5 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile(ā€˜modules/Adminisā€¦ā€™) #6 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php on line 210

Despite the error message, when I check Module Loader from Admin panel again, it shows both packs installed and login panel shows both languages and I can login with selected language and use SuiteCrm in that language.

So, it seems no problem except post installation message for language pack.

I have tried to revert installation with snapshot and changed the order of language packs(first German and then Turkish), nothing changed.

Nothing in suitecrm.log after user update errors.

At the Last I have tried,

1. Admin - Module loader - Upload single lang pack
  2. Install - Commit - OK - Back to Module Loader
  3. Admin - Quick Repair & Rebuild - OK
  4. Admin - Module laoder - Upload next lang pack (while the first one shown as installed)
  5. Upload next file, Install - Commit - OK
  6. Back to Module loader and again

Module Loader

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on null in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php:211 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManager.php(882): UpgradeHistory->UninstallAvailable(Array, Object(UpgradeHistory)) #1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(418): PackageManager->getinstalledPackages() #2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(128): PackageManagerDisplay::getDisplayScript(0) #3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard.php(258): PackageManagerDisplay::buildPackageDisplay(ā€™<form name="theā€¦ā€™, ā€˜<input type=hidā€¦ā€™, ā€˜index.php?modulā€¦ā€™, Array) #4 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(834): include_once(ā€™/var/www/html/sā€¦ā€™) #5 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile(ā€˜modules/Adminisā€¦ā€™) #6 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php on line 211

Any ideas ? or can you tell no issue to bother with ?

File www-error.log contains similar what I get on screen:

[12-Feb-2020 09:53:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on null in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php:211
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManager.php(882): UpgradeHistory->UninstallAvailable(Array, Object(UpgradeHistory))
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(418): PackageManager->getinstalledPackages()
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(128): PackageManagerDisplay::getDisplayScript(0)
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard.php(258): PackageManagerDisplay::buildPackageDisplay(ā€™<form name="theā€¦ā€™, ā€˜<input type=hidā€¦ā€™, ā€˜index.php?modulā€¦ā€™, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(834): include_once(ā€™/var/www/html/sā€¦ā€™)
#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile(ā€˜modules/Adminisā€¦ā€™)
#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php on line 211

Your installation seems very unhealthy. You have many errors which normally donā€™t occur.

Do you see a bunch of ā€œundefinedā€ labels in several screens?

I believe you have ownership/permissions problems.

Thanks for your prompt reply pgr.

But I do not see any ā€œundefinedā€ labels in any screens. Above error is only occured when I click Back to Module Loader button after installing second language pack and only once in error.log file.

I have created a new account and a new contact and relate with an existing account with searching it. No issues at all.

No errors were in suitecrm.log

I have also execute diagnostic tool and I see

ed Feb 12 11:57:10 2020 [1794][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
Wed Feb 12 11:57:10 2020 [1794][1][FATAL] Query Failed: DESCRIBE versions: MySQL error 1146: Table ā€˜uatsuitecrmdb.versionsā€™ doesnā€™t exist
Wed Feb 12 11:57:10 2020 [1794][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
Wed Feb 12 11:57:10 2020 [1794][1][FATAL] Query Failed: SHOW INDEX FROM versions: MySQL error 1146: Table ā€˜uatsuitecrmdb.versionsā€™ doesnā€™t exist
Wed Feb 12 11:57:10 2020 [1794][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
Wed Feb 12 11:57:10 2020 [1794][1][FATAL] Query Failed: select * from versions: MySQL error 1146: Table ā€˜uatsuitecrmdb.versionsā€™ doesnā€™t exist

Permissions are as you have shared

sudo chown -R apache:apache .
sudo chmod -R 750 .
sudo chmod -R 770 cache custom modules themes data upload
sudo chmod 770 config_override.php 2>/dev/null
chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t .

SuiteCRM 7.11.11 - CentOS 8.1 - php7.3

What do you think ? what is wrong ?

Apart from error in UpgradeHistory.php on line 211, the error generated by Diagnostic Tool tells ā€œversionsā€ table does not exist and it is right. I have checked the database,

I have 220 tables in SuiteCRM database and some of them already has demo data but no ā€œversionsā€ table. Also checked install.log, no versions table created or any error related to that.

How could be ? how only one table cannot be created ?

I think the versions table was removed some time ago, and somebody forgot removing it from the diagnostics code. So that should be a false-positive, an error you can ignore.

Can you please turn off display_errorsin your php.ini, and restart web server? These errors shouldnā€™t go on screen, and when they do, they sometimes break other things.

So please make that change and just track things from your logs. Tell me if anything improves.

Hi pgr, thanks for your reply.

Actually I have proceeded on customization, set some settings, created Security Groups and Roles and Users for this test system. There were no similar issues yet on screen like I had for UpgradeHistory.php on line 211 , tomorrow I start test migration and let you know if I experience any issues.

And ignoring missing ā€œversionsā€ table issue on Diagnostic tool.

Sure I will change display_errors to Off .

Only issue is too many of following variety of messages ( except DEPRECATEDs). I havenā€™t searched/googled for all of them yet. Should I ignore them ?

While Viewing Accounts and editing them and some contacts:

Wed Feb 12 20:20:52 2020 [2442][1][WARN] Trying to get property of non-object: list view data ā€œorder byā€ is not defined

Wed Feb 12 20:20:52 2020 [2442][1][WARN] Trying to get property of non-object: list view data ā€œsort orderā€ is not defined

Wed Feb 12 20:20:52 2020 [2442][1][WARN] Undefined data index ID for list view data.

Wed Feb 12 20:20:56 2020 [1865][1][WARN] Confirm Opt in is disabled in email settings

Wed Feb 12 20:20:56 2020 [1865][1][WARN] One2MBeanRelationship getQuery: Trying to get property of non-object

Wed Feb 12 20:17:29 2020 [1866][1][WARN] CSS File Dawn/yui.css not found
I see https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/7651 but still logging in 7.11.11

Weā€™d have to see those log messages one by one, understanding which UI actions are causing them.

But for now Iā€™d just like to see if anything (functionally, not just aesthetically) improves with turning off display_errors

OK , thanks.

Just to remind, I have experienced PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on null in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php:211 case only once after clicking Back To Module Loader button after Committing the installation of second language pack subsequently.

I had never experienced any error later on while working with SuiteCRM ( though never tried to install any other module yet ). So I did not experience any functional or visual issues yet even with display_errors On yesterday except above case for once.

Now on, I have changed display_errors to Off recently and will complete the installation data migration.

1 Like

Hi pgr,

Fresh clean installation 7.11.12 on CentOS 8.1-1911, php 7.13.14, display_errors=Off

I have performed same steps

1. Install first language pack, commit, back to module loader
  2. Install second language pack commit, back to module loader
  3. No errors displayed because display_errors= off but blank page displayed under Module Loader Header
  4. I have checked www-error.log and see the same messages

[17-Feb-2020 15:44:50 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getTimestamp() on null in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/U
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManager.php(882): UpgradeHistory->UninstallAvailable(Array, Object(UpgradeHistory))
#1 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(418): PackageManager->getinstalledPackages()
#2 /var/www/html/suitecrm/ModuleInstall/PackageManager/PackageManagerDisplay.php(128): PackageManagerDisplay::getDisplayScript(0)
#3 /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeWizard.php(262): PackageManagerDisplay::buildPackageDisplay(ā€™<form name="theā€¦ā€™, ā€˜<input type=hidā€¦ā€™, ā€˜index.php
#4 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(834): include_once(ā€™/var/www/html/sā€¦ā€™)
#5 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/views/view.classic.php(72): SugarView->includeClassicFile(ā€˜modules/Adminisā€¦ā€™)
#6 /var/www/html/suitecrm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(226): in /var/www/html/suitecrm/modules/Administration/UpgradeHistory.php on line 211

1. When I click refresh it said Confirm Form Re-submission, when I hit enter for the URL it showed possible XCRSAttack page. I have clicked Admin and then Module Loader, it shows two languages installed, QR & R ok, login panel and logins are ok with additional two languages.

Only issue is a message about error in UpgradeHistory line 211.

Probably ignorable, just wanted to share.

IF you have an easy way of trying this, I would ask you to repeat the steps on a fresh system but with a QR&R between steps 1 and 2, see if it makes a difference.

If you canā€™t test this easily, thatā€™s ok, weā€™ll just forget about this error unless we see it coming up again for other people. Thanks

Actually I have tested this when Iā€™m working with 7.11.11 last week and it did not make any difference to perform QR & R between packages. I do not think that it will make any difference for 7.11.12.

I ignore until if I encounter something for installing some other module.

Thanks.

1 Like