Failed to open street: Too many files open

Hello,

I am new with SuiteCRM, however I have been able install it correctly so far. However, I keep on having the same error message when I want to save leads/contacts…And I do not know how to fix it:

Warning: require_once(/Library/WebServer/Documents/SuiteCRM/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /Library/WebServer/Documents/SuiteCRM/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php on line 349

I am running SuiteCRM on my MacBook Air (localhost). High Sierra, MySQL & PHP. I have been looking for step to step instructions on the web unsuccessfully (I really need step by step instructions as I am not confortable enough otherwise).

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hello,

I am facing the same issue.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php’ (include_path=’/Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm:/Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm/include/HTMLPurifier/standalone:/Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm/include/…:.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:modules/AOD_Index/Lib’) in /Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php on line 349

And it get fixed if I delete the modules/AOD_Index/Index/ directory. But it happens again after some time.

Please help to figure out the root cause for this.

I am using MacBook Air. macOS Sierra version 10.12.5 with PHP 7.1.10 and MYSQL.

Note that both of you are running MacBooks… that’s an operating system limit, just increase it.

Google has many pages explainig:

https://www.google.pt/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&ei=81oxWpLlFITbUd30o-AJ&q=php+failed+to+open+stream%3A+Too+many+open+files+in+macbook

Thanks for your reply.

The error am seeing is bit different.

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php’ (include_path=’/Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm:/Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm/include/HTMLPurifier/standalone:/Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm/include/…:.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:modules/AOD_Index/Lib’) in /Users/shijin_k/Documents/workspace/caring/crm/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php on line 349

I can see Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php in this path though.

I tried increasing the file limit as mentioned in the above link, but nothing worked.

Is there any way we can disable this indexing?

Thanks in advance
Shijin Krishna

You can disable it in Admin / AOD Settings. You will lose Global search feature.

You might have some permissions issues on that directory, or even a failing disk, or some dysfunctional caching.

There’s a difference in those two paths in your post:

Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php
Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php

Is that your mistake transcribing? If not, that could explain the problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Disabling AOD in admin has fixed the 500 error though it is not the actual solution to my problem.

I had tried setting the permission even to 777 for the directory which didn’t make any difference.

Could you please tell me how can verify the caching?

Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php is trying to include Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/File/Filesystem.php on line 349 which is throwing 500 internal error.

Does that file exist in both directories? Can you try copying it there, if not?

Yes both of the files exist.

Well, I’m sorry, I don’t have any more ideas then. If the file is there, has correct permissions, and PHP can’t read it, then something might be wrong with your disk or your file system…