Facebook CRM integration question

What type of app do I need to create in Facebook?

Is there any documentation for this?

Hi, welcome to the Community! :tada:

SuiteCRM has a Facebook connector (Admin / Connectors) but I am not sure what it does, never used it. It probably won’t do much.

You can also search the SuiteCRM Store for any add-ons.

Finally, some people connect SuiteCRM with other tools like Mautic and work from there.

Hi @dv8inpp
you can set up the Facebook application and enabled it in SCRM.

To set up Facebook integration. you need to follow the following steps

1. Go to developers.facebook.com
  2. Click on Apps -> Create new App and fill in the details
  3. Click on Settings -> Enter the Website Url this will be your suite instance url, Display Name, Contact email.
  4. You should now have the Application ID and App secret in suite go to Connectors -> Set Connector Properties and paste these into the relevant fields.
  5. Next, go to Connectors -> Enable Connectors and drag the modules you wish to use the Facebook integration on.
  6. Go to a module you have enabled the integration on and enter a Facebook Username.
  7. On the detail view, there should be a panel containing all Facebook posts from that user.

I tried my best to share the knowledge I have … I hope you looking for the same.

1 Like

Hi Urvi

Thanks for that.

Can you post a few screenshots please? This is new to me and I’d love to see how it looks, but I don’t have a Facebook account.

Hi Urvi, thanks for that. I think those note came from 2014 and am wondering if they still apply. I haven’t been able to get it working.