external applications empty - twitter unavailable - fresh installed suitecrm

Correct me if I am wrong, but:
I have configured twitter connector with my own api keys in “connector properties”
I want to connect suitecrm user with a twitter account in the activity dashlet of the home screen, but dashlet options do not show “link to twitter” option nor twitter module whatsoever.

if I try to add an external apps in the user profuile configuration, I cannot end the assistant because the list of external applications is totally empty

I’m quite sure this has more to do with my misunderstanding of external accounts and connectors, but I would love to receive some guidance in this regard.

thanks in advance
PD: sorry for taking the screenshots in spanish!!

This post may help you get your twitter connector configured correctly http://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/890-7-1-facebook-and-twitter-config#3737

Hi Dale

Well, on of my missing step was going to admin - sugarfeed and enabling the connector there.

after doing so, I can see twitter option (I enabled facebook btw) in activity stream

the login buttons are also visible, though they are visible in the dashlet itself, instead of being visible in the dashlet edit dialog like in previous versions. I wasn’t aware of that change.

but, the login button redirects me to this url:
https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=

which is obviously missing an OAuth token as parameter (I can fully grasp it, why is this field empty? using other integrations with twitter you don’t have to specify any oauth token in the app)

I have solved the oauth issue removing and adding the keys again in the connector properties (I cannot explain why was that)

Now i have a bit more insidiuous error.

I obtain a 403 error

“You don’t have permission to access /custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php”

In order to overcom the error, I have to move the .htaccess file like people say in this post:
http://forums.sugarcrm.com/f115/after-install-whole-directory-goes-403-forbidden-39557/

but then I obtain another error:

Warning: include(custom/modules/Connectors/connectors/sources/ext/rest/twitter/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php on line 15

Warning: include(custom/modules/Connectors/connectors/sources/ext/rest/twitter/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'custom/modules/Connectors/connectors/sources/ext/rest/twitter/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php:15) in /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php on line 20

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php:15) in /home/onbrandi/domains/onbranding.es/public_html/crm/custom/include/social/twitter/twitter_auth/callback.php on line 51

Im quite sure that the lousy configuration of the hosting provider has a lot to do with this, but moving on is not an option at this time :frowning:

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem and error message. Did you ever get it resolved? If so, how?

Thanks.

Werner

Same issue here… anything?