Event Triggers for WorkFlow Modules

Are all event triggers based soley on database events?

Can I create an event trigger based upon an absolute time / date in order to fire a specific action?

Hi Scott,

Can you elaborate on exactly what you wish workflow to report on? WorkFlow cannot yet report on nondb fields and yes, all event triggers are currently based on database events.

Thanks,

Will.

Will,

Iā€™d would like to generate a invoice for software license renewal which need to be renewed on a particular date. They are just tied to an existing customer. I guess my work flow could be based on an original invoice triggered at a frequency 1 year from its due date. etc. However, Iā€™m sloppy in my billing and sometimes I would like to just select the date rather than have to manipulate the data fields to conform to what I actually need. Just trying to see if I can push it to a cleaner/elegant manner rather than creating a task/call to remind me.

Actually, this has just given me an idea. Could I base it off of a account task due date event as the trigger? I guess then I would have the accountability/search and traceability.

Scott

Hi Scott,

You can create contracts for licenses and generate workflows from that? You can run a workflow based on a task due date, but it depends how you are relating this and which module the workflow is running on and if the relationship exists between those modules.

Thanks,

Will.