Errors installing SuiteCRM 7.0.0 on MSSQL

Hello,

I have a CentOS 6 system running Apache and PHP and I have FreeTDS set up to facilitate connections to a MSSQL Server. I had no issues installing SugarCRM 6.5 to the MSSQL server, however, I get the following errors with SuiteCRM 7.0.0 after clicking the “Install” buttton:

...SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 
'securitygroups_default'.SQL Error : Invalid object name 'securitygroups_default'..SQL Error : Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'function'.

Installation on a local MySQL database works fine, so it appears to be limited to MSSQL. Can anyone help troubleshoot? Thank you! :cheer:

Hi tocampo.

What version of MSSQL are you having issues with? SuiteCRM should install correctly on MySQL and MSSQL.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi Will,

I’m using SQL Server 2005, version 9.0.4035

Hi tocampo,

Does your server run Intellisense? Make sure to refresh Intellisense Cache (Ctrl+Shift+R).

See this blogpost.

Thanks,

Will.

No our server does not run Intellisense. It appears that the issue has something to do with the SecurityGroups extension, is there a way to prevent it from installing?

Ok so I may have found a workaround for this problem.

I have a test version of SugarCRM running so I installed the basic version of the SecurityGroups module. SQL Server Management Studio has a Create To function which will automatically create a database table creation script for any selected table. I had it create a script to create both the securitygroups_default and securitygroups.

This then revealed another error in yet another module, this time AOS_Fields. The error was " Syntax error near the keyword 'function’ ". 'function is the name of one of the columns in the AOS_Fields table.

So I had to go into the vardefs.php in the AOR_Fields module folder and add parenthesis to the column name, so it went from ‘function’ to ‘[function]’.

With these changes, the installer FINALLY completed on a MSSQL database. I’m not sure if these modules are supposed to be compatible with MSSQL, but with these problems I’m leaning towards ‘not compatible’.

Hi tocampo,

These modules should install and work correctly with MSSQL.

Thank you for reporting these issues.

Will.

Hi,
I’m also trying to get SuiteCRM running on MSSQL.Generally it seems to be fine with the exception of AOR Reports caused by the fact that there is this field named “function” which MSSQL treats as a reserved word.

I modified vardefs to add [ ] so it becomes [function] which improves things a little but AOR still kicks out database errors when I try to add fields to a report.

Error creating table: aor_fields Query Failed:

CREATE TABLE aor_fields (id varchar(36)  NOT NULL ,name nvarchar(255)  NULL ,date_entered datetime  NULL ,date_modified datetime  NULL ,modified_user_id varchar(36)  NULL ,created_by varchar(36)  NULL ,description nvarchar(max)  NULL ,deleted bit  DEFAULT '0' NULL ,aor_report_id varchar(36)  NULL ,field_order int  NULL ,module_path nvarchar(max)  NULL ,field nvarchar(100)  NULL ,display bit  NULL ,link bit  NULL ,label nvarchar(255)  NULL ,function nvarchar(100)  NULL ,sort_by nvarchar(100)  NULL ,sort_order nvarchar(100)  NULL ,group_by nvarchar(100)  NULL ,group_order nvarchar(100)  NULL )::: 

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘function’.

Have you made any further progress with this?
Regards
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

This will be addressed in the next release of AOR. There are no release dates confirmed. We will be, along with the community, extending and improving upon the functionality of many modules for SuiteCRM 7.1.0. The roadmap for SuiteCRM 7.1.0 can be seen in the SuiteCRM Documentation.

Thanks,

Will.

I am trying to install SuiteCRM 7.7.2 with connection MSSQL … During installation I do not see MSSQL option… Please assist as I get the below error:

Database unavailable

Database Support was not found. Please make sure you have the necessary drivers for one of the following supported Database Types: MySQL or MS SQLServer. You might need to uncomment the extension in the php.ini file, or recompile with the right binary file, depending on your version of PHP. Please refer to your PHP Manual for more information on how to enable Database Support.

Location of your PHP configuration file (php.ini):
/etc/php.ini

I get following error trying to install?

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/e/x/c/exceptionalpos/html/crm/install.php on line 281

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/e/x/c/exceptionalpos/html/crm/include/utils.php on line 1623

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/content/e/x/c/exceptionalpos/html/crm/include/utils.php on line 4381

Can anyone help?