Error when exporting Report Results

I have 16 different reports that generate records ranging from 10 records to over 5,000 records. We use these reports to generate email campaigns so the results only contain a first name, last name and an email address.

I’m able to export to .csv the reports that have results of 1256 records or smaller. The next largest report has 1759 records. I don’t have any reports with a record size between 1256 and 1759. The system throws an error on any report with 1759 records or larger. Since I don’t have any reports with records between 1256 and 1759, I don’t know exactly where the system breaks.

The error is a server time out (Error 500). See below:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I’ve checked several error logs but, so far, no luck finding an error that makes sense.

Ideas?

In your php.ini, give more generous values to these properties:

• memory_limit
  • max_execution_time

Wow, that’s interesting. I can’t seem to locate php.ini at all. Is php.ini supposed to be in the root directory?

I’m looking at my original zip file and don’t see it there either…

We’re on 7.4.3. Probably time to upgrade huh?

php.ini is a file used by your web server and your OS’s php modules, so it isn’t specific to SuiteCRM. It’s normal to find it in some other directory.

Try

find / -name php.ini 2>/dev/null

You probably have more than one, you want the Apache one, if you’re using Apache, and the CLI one if you set up your Scheduler jobs in crontab.

You DEFINITELY need to upgrade, you’re literally hundreds of security fixes behind, and hundreds of bug fixes. But it’s a big upgrade, plan it carefully. Keep an eye on the Compatibility Matrix, you probably need to upgrade PHP too.

https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/