Error upgrading Sugarcrm 6.5.12 to Suitecrm 7.0.1

I am receiving this error when trying to upgrade a SugarCRM 6.5.12 community version to Suitecrm 7.0.1, on a windows 7 WAMP server:

Warning: include_once(C:\Ampps\www\sugarfba) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Ampps\www\sugarfba\include\SubPanel\SubPanelDefinitions.php on line 499

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘’ for inclusion (include_path=‘C:\Ampps\www\sugarfba;C:\Ampps\www\sugarfba\include/…;.;C:\php\pear’) in C:\Ampps\www\sugarfba\include\SubPanel\SubPanelDefinitions.php on line 499

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there,

Please check you have set the recommended permissions on your SuiteCRM instance:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

These permissions are for linux machines. To set the correct permissions for your WAMP server, navigate to your SuiteCRM directory inside your www folder and set the full directory to read/write/execute for owner and execute/read for group/Others. For the following folders: cache custom modules themes data upload and config_override.php, set the permissions to read/write/execute for owner and group and read/execute for Others.

Thanks,

Will.

Just wondering why all the pre-flight checks said that all the permissions were ok? Is this something that the scripts would normally check before upgrading? Just curious. I imagine I would have to restore a backup of the apps and database and start again with the upgrade? Sorry for so many questions, but just trying to help others who may experience the same problem. Thanks for the help and quick response. I appreciate all the work you guys are doing, and I hope I can contribute something useful.

Hi there,

Did you try setting the permissions suggested? These are not errors, these are warnings which won’t stop your application running.

Thanks,

Will.

I see. I’ll give that a try. Thanks

The windows security seems to be different, and I can’t figure out what this means. I don’t see owners or group. I see users and a groups called users? If it has to be on a linux server, I could probably move it over, and follow the instructions for linux permissions.