Error setting up smtp server

hello guys, recently i got suitecrm installed however i am not able to set my smtp server which i know is working since i use all the time. the error i get is :slight_smile:

MAIL FROM command failed,Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.3) ,550,SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.3) SMTP code: 550SMTP server error: MAIL FROM command failed Detail: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.3) SMTP code: 550

my smtp uses 587 ssl/tls
can you please guide me how to fix it. thanks

@shootify

SuiteCRM use old version of TLS. If you can switch on support old version on your server.

interesting, i might be able to do this and try but my question is :
what about those people that cant change to old version? example: will google allow you to do this ?
is it only Free suitecrm affected, or hosted as well? more importantly why is it still using an old verison of TLS? can it be upgrade it? if there is anyone else to point me or give more inputs in this regard i will appreciated it, its a disappointment that suitecrm is not straight forward with the most important part of the whole software EMAIL. thanks

@shootify
I know that gmail support this options. You can find help on gmail site easy. If somebody can not to do this he can find support here.
SuiteCRM is open source project and some of its parts are not new. You can contribute to it too.

Hi there,

Please excuse me jumping in.

Looking at the error message in the OP suggests to me that it’s a hostname/domain name/DNS look up issue?! If the issue was TLS I would have expected a different message?

Of course, I’m no SuiteCRM expert, so perhaps you are right and this is a known issue. If so, could you please confirm which TLS version(s) SuiteCRM does support (and if there are some specific ciphers it doesn’t support, it might be good to note them too IMO)? Also if it isn’t already, there should be a bug tracking this IMO. As you likely know, any TLS below 1.2 is broken (and there is suggestion that some state actors have broken 1.2 as well - e.g. China blocks TLS v1.3 but allows v1.2).

@jeremy_d

Thank you for comment. It’s very interesting - about China.
SuiteCRM use phpmailer 5.2.25 and support TLS 1.2 .