Error logging into SuiteCRM

Hello Everyone,

Last week, I completed the SuiteCRM8 installation in the test environment. I have completed all the steps, but I cannot login to the system. I can log in to the index.php module under /legacy with the user and password that I set in the setup wizard, but I get an error in the index.php under /public. I will post screenshots and logs. I couldn’t understand why I was getting such an error. Also, there is an error with mysql in the log file, but everything seems ok in terms of permissions and accesses.

Hello,

Since I am a new user, I can only add one image. I am also sharing the other image.

Log Records;

[2022-01-17 13:35:50] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException: “An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1698] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’” at /var/www/html/suitecrm/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 128 {“exception”:"[object] (Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\DriverException(code: 0): An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1698] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ at /var/www/html/suitecrm/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:128, Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDO\Exception(code: 1698): SQLSTATE[HY000] [1698] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ at /var/www/html/suitecrm/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDO/Exception.php:18, PDOException(code: 1698): SQLSTATE[HY000] [1698] Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ at /var/www/html/suitecrm/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40)"} []

Hi @yunusergun,

Welcome to the community :wave: and thanks for trying out SuiteCRM 8.

There were users having similar issues. Could you try 2 things:

• Option 1: Re-install but do not set the port, just leave it blank.
  • Option 2: Re-install using the IP of the db instead of localhost

Another thread to looking into. Please note that the issue in the thread should have been fixed

Hope this helps