Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.

How can I fix this issue. Can I talk to some one personally and or there is a course I could taake:

Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies,
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method.
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] Press the Logs button to view error logs and check
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] the Windows Event Viewer for more clues
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] If you need more help, copy and post this
11:33:35 a. m. [Apache] entire log window on the forums

What is your version of SuiteCRM? And your OS, database, web server, and PHP versions?

Not sure about the version of SuiteCRM because it does not open; I have windows 8.1; I have mysql with Xampp and PHP 5.2.0

I changed the port number and still doen not.

PHP 5.2 is not compatible with the newest versions of SuiteCRM.

See https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/compatibility-matrix/

But are you installing now for the first time, or is this an old installation that started to have problems?

You can also check your logs, suitecrm.log, errors.log

We have been using it for over a year and it just happenned today after the electricity went off.
I have checked the log error but how can I tell what is wrong

Thank you very much for helping me. It is just frustrating

See if any of this helps

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18300377/xampp-apache-error-apache-shutdown-unexpectedly

I tried all and not still not working. This is the blog error:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 341351 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
[Wed Mar 14 18:37:14.952959 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 4600:tid 380] AH01909: www.example.com:4433:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Mar 14 18:37:15.015426 2018] [core:warn] [pid 4600:tid 380] AH00098: pid file C:/xampp/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten – Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
[Wed Mar 14 18:37:15.077891 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 4600:tid 380] AH01909: www.example.com:4433:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 341351 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

In php.ini, you have memory limit set to 256M, increase it to 512M

Thank you for answering.
I have already done it but still have the same problem. Is there a way I could talk to some body or I where can I take a course

Thank you

I don’t know of any course to recommend, because I don’t know what kind of problem you have, it’s a mistery to me :slight_smile:

Do you still get the memory errors in the log?

Are you trying to access your URL at port 4433 like that other error says? Can you try a standard port HTTP instead of HTTPS?

yes I still get the same error and yes I am triying to access it.
How can I try standar port HTTP

Try the XAMPP forums, maybe they know more there. Anyway, you’re not having a SuiteCRM problem, you’re having an Apache problem. Good luck

By the way, if you end up completely stuck my advice is to migrate your SuiteCRM installation to a new (and better) environment. You can even migrate to Linux or to the cloud, or some shared hosting.

1 Like