Error after upgrading from 8.5.0 to 8.5.1

When trying to Quick repair and rebuild, i get: unexpected error when calling action:

1. Cleared cache folder;

2. Reset folder, file permissions;

3. public/legacy suitecrm.log:
    Unable to find relationship am_projecttemplates_contacts_resources
    Unable to find relationship emails_email_templates
    Unable to find relationship projects_contacts_resources
    Unable to find relationship projects_contacts_resources

4. prod.log:
    [2024-03-04 08:43:48] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since api-platform/core 2.7: Use “ApiPlatform\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataCollectionFactoryInterface” instead of “ApiPlatform\Core\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataFactoryInterface”. {“exception”:“[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since api-platform/core 2.7: Use "ApiPlatform\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataCollectionFactoryInterface" instead of "ApiPlatform\Core\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataFactoryInterface". at /home//public_html/stage2/vendor/api-platform/core/src/Hydra/Serializer/CollectionFiltersNormalizer.php:53)”} []
    [2024-03-04 08:43:48] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since api-platform/core 2.7: Use an implementation of “ApiPlatform\Api\IriConverterInterface” instead of “ApiPlatform\Core\Api\IriConverterInterface”. {“exception”:“[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since api-platform/core 2.7: Use an implementation of "ApiPlatform\Api\IriConverterInterface" instead of "ApiPlatform\Core\Api\IriConverterInterface". at /home//public_html/stage2/vendor/api-platform/core/src/JsonLd/Serializer/ObjectNormalizer.php:44)”} []
    [2024-03-04 08:43:48] php.INFO: User Deprecated: Since api-platform/core 2.7: Use “ApiPlatform\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataCollectionFactoryInterface” instead of “ApiPlatform\Core\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataFactoryInterface”. {“exception”:“[object] (ErrorException(code: 0): User Deprecated: Since api-platform/core 2.7: Use "ApiPlatform\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataCollectionFactoryInterface" instead of "ApiPlatform\Core\Metadata\Resource\Factory\ResourceMetadataFactoryInterface". at /home//public_html/stage2/vendor/api-platform/core/src/Symfony/EventListener/DeserializeListener.php:63)”} []

After Rebuild relationships, no more relationship errors.

1 Like

Did a clean install. The same error. Cpanel server. Tested on 8.0, 8.1, 8.2

When i click Quick repair and rebuild, i get: unexpected error when calling action:

So, what are error you have in log files after clean installation?

2024-03-04 16:18:49] php.CRITICAL: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/cache/prod/ContainerJBz5k0e/getCurrencyPreferenceMapperService.php’ (include_path=‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/public/legacy/include/…:.:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) {“exception”:“[object] (Error(code: 0): Failed opening required ‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/cache/prod/ContainerJBz5k0e/getCurrencyPreferenceMapperService.php’ (include_path=‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/public/legacy/include/…:.:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) at /home/xxx/public_html/stage3/cache/prod/ContainerJBz5k0e/App_KernelProdContainer.php:547)”} []

[2024-03-04 16:18:49] php.CRITICAL: Uncaught Error: Failed opening required ‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/cache/prod/ContainerJBz5k0e/getApiPlatform_Listener_Exception_ValidationService.php’ (include_path=‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/public/legacy/include/…:.:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) {“exception”:“[object] (Error(code: 0): Failed opening required ‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/cache/prod/ContainerJBz5k0e/getApiPlatform_Listener_Exception_ValidationService.php’ (include_path=‘/home/xxx/public_html/stage3/public/legacy/include/…:.:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php82/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) at /home/xxx/public_html/stage3/cache/prod/ContainerJBz5k0e/App_KernelProdContainer.php:547)”} []

Check if you could safely delete those files from cache folder or not.

Dear rsp, you can always delete content of cache folder. Are you on 8.5.1? Do you get the same error?

Then you should delete those particular files from cache folder and QR&R your CRM.

Anyone? I really need help with this issue. thanks

That “error when calling action” is generic, and is not helpful at all. This is a problem with the way the new Angular front-end is reporting back-end errors, and I have asked the lead dev of SuiteCRM to please make the errors more informative.

For now, if you can change the Symfony environment to QA, you should get further information in the web request (seen through browser dev tools, network tab). You’ll find some threads here in the forums (*) where I suggested people to go down that route but they didn’t end well because other difficulties got in the way (such as problems getting composer to set the vendor directory right, and getting Symfony to rebuild the cache…)

(*) A good search term for this is APP_ENV

1 Like

The thing is, the default installation from the Softaculous installer in cPanel is broken. Quick repair doesn’t work, and support does not have enough log information on how to solve the problem. But SuiteCRM still works; we’re glad it does.

I wouldn’t particularly recommend installers like Softaculous or Bitnami for SuiteCRM. I would prefer a simple, vanilla installation where everything is in my control.

Okay, I understand, but you must be quite experienced with SuiteCRM or even a programmer, am I right? Personally, I find the best option is to utilize automatic installation on a cPanel system, as it undergoes thorough testing before becoming publicly available. However, I’ve found myself resorting to manual upgrades for SuiteCRM. If there’s an issue with the upgrade process, there’s not much I can do except seek help on forums.

The reality now is that although my CRM is functional, the Quick Repair function isn’t working as expected. And i have no idea how to solve it.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues on cPanel? Or has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

I don’t really believe this. SuiteCRM is incredibly hard to test before new releases, it’s really a huge app and many parts of it are complex to set up in order to test (email, LDAP, etc). The Cpanel folks can’t make a better job at it than the SuiteCRM folks themselves. And you often hear complaints here that SalesAgility puts out new SuiteCRM versions without proper testing… as I said, it’s way harder to test than most people realize.

The current issue you’re having proves my point: what is initially easy turns out to be harder later…

Anyway I have a suggestion for you:

1. Rename your vendor folder to something else like vendor.OLD (you can delete it later).
  2. Download SuiteCRM 8.5.1 full package
  3. Extract the vendor folder from that zip and place it in your SuiteCRM root directory.
  4. Re-set ownerships and permissions on that new folder

Tell us if this helps

download link gives me HTTP ERROR 401.

In the meantime I tried vendor folder from, with no luck: https://suitecrm.com/download/144/suite85/563704/suitecrm-8-5-1.zip