Error 500 right after login

Hello Everyone,

I have a very weird problem, I installed a fresh version of suitecrm and everything well in the beginning, then i tried to add a new user in the backend which caused error 500, Since that i am unable to login to the backend page and to order to do that i have to clean cache or use another browser to get the login page, once i enter my my username and password another error 500 pages keep on appearing.

I checked the log file and here is what i get

Stack trace:
#0 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/bootstrap.php(33): Symfony\Polyfill\Mbstring\Mbstring::mb_strlen(‘Base Implementa…’, ‘UTF-8’)
#1 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/include/utils.php(4219): mb_strlen(‘Base Implementa…’)
#2 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(1883): getTrackerSubstring(‘Base Implementa…’)
#3 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(567): SugarView->processRecentRecords(Array)
#4 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/include/MVC/View/SugarView.php(199): SugarView->displayHeader()
#5 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(432): SugarView->process()
#6 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/include/MVC/Controller/SugarController.php(375): SugarController->processView()
#7 /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/c in /home/mudonc/public_html/crm/crm/vendor/symfony/polyfill-mbstring/Mbstring.php on line 473

You need to enable mbstring module in your php.ini.

If it’s shared hosting, sometimes PHP modules can be enabled with a checkbox from within CPanel.

These are all the modules I load on Ubuntu with PHP 7.0:

apt install zip unzip php-mbstring php7.0-mbstring php-gettext php-xml-parser php7.0-zip php7.0-imap php7.0-gd php7.0-curl phpmyadmin

This will give you clues for the next problems you run into… :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

yes, it is a shared hosting but i can’t find the option to enable it in the PHP.ini editor do you think the server does not have the package? because when i checked it in the PHP PEAR Packages i couldn’t find it either.

Thanks a lot for your support really appreciate it.

For this kind of thing you’re better off asking your hosting support. Only they know which options they provide.

Sometimes they have a screen on CPanel, sometimes they let you put a small php.ini in your root folder, which is not the entire php.ini of the server but is picked up by a script and taken into account.

Try Googling for this, specifying your own hosting company name.