Error 500 & PHP Warnings from AssignGroups

Hi all,

Running 7.10.10 upgraded from 7.10.8 (which was a fresh install)
CentOS 7.5.1804, PHP 7.2.11-1, self-managed VPS install with 2GB RAM.

Into the fresh install I brought my custom modules and about 350,000 leads/accounts etc

Getting continual error 500 messages
from the error_log: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘AssignGroups’ not found in /var/www/html/CRMFolder/include/utils/LogicHook.php:270

Also, when trying to import leads/targets I get a php warning
PHP Warning: include_once(/var/www/html/CRMFolder/modules/SecurityGroups/AssignGroups.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /var/www/html/CRMFolder/include/utils/LogicHook.php on line 251

I have disabled PHP errors with display_errors set to no and error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT in every php.ini I could find, but no dice.

So far, the only thing that works is disabling AOD. I have a client showcase this afternoon, and am so far unable to use the search function which is a major reason I’m trying to encourage the move to Suite.

Not ideal! any help appreciated.

Not sure the reason but try once with PHP version 7.1 I suspect that can be an issue.

Also, I suspect your custom modules…

I would start by tweaking your error_log and make sure it includes stack traces. This way you could see where those calls are coming from (custom code or not).

It could also be that your AOD is freaking out due to the massive amount of data it is trying to index. For those amounts it will surely take many hours, so it’s not a good idea to schedule a client demo so soon after importing :slight_smile:

Of course, if we can solve the errors everything should be much smoother…

Well, I wondered about that, actually. I know security suite has gone through some considerable upgrades since I built the custom modules - even though they’re nothing fancy, just a couple of glorified leads pages. There might be some AOW stuff in there, but I’d have to have a hunt around.

Could it be that the custom modules - even though they’re not in use when it comes to import - aren’t compatible with the security suite?

If I disable/uninstall them will I lose my data? Surely the tables will still be in the database? What about when it comes time to reinstall?

It’s very hard to give you a generic answer - some modules don’t even use any database table, others do; some have logic hooks, some don’t…

It really depends on the code you’re running. I would look essentially at logic hooks, because your error mentions that, and because logic hooks are liable to infinite recursion issues. with luck you can disable logic hooks one by one, see which one was causing problems, and then try to reproduce just that bit of lost functionality in a different way.