Error 500 on Install

Error 500 when trying to run install.php

This is a New Install. SuiteCRM 7.6.1

I am following the instructions outlined in the “SuiteCRM 7.1 Installation Guide”

I am using cpanel to access the server. The main directory is set to 775. Inside the main directory all files and folders are set to 755 with the exception of config-overide.php which is set to 664

I am not sure how to execute the ownership “chgrp ApacheUser.ApacheGroup -R recursively sets ownership for root directory to Apache user and group.”

any help THANKS

Set the following permissions on the SuiteCRM directory(Linux):
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
sudo chmod -R 755 .
sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

best regards

My apache user/group is ‘nobody’. When I follow the instructions above (substituting www-data with ‘nobody’), I also receive Error 500. However, when I switch the user back to the linux user, the install appears to work.

The ultimate problem is, when the install is finished, I receive the ‘undefined’ errors other users have reported relating to permission issues.

I hope someone can clarify exactly how to resolve this. Should I use the ‘nobody’ user/group or not?

Thank you.

FYI: I was able to resolve my issue by re-executing the chmod commands AFTER the installation process as one user suggested in another thread. In my particular instance (CentOS 6.7), I did not have to change the directories’ owner:group to the apache user.