Error 500 after 7.2.13 to 8.2.4 upgrade

I have a plesk obsidian server, were an instance of suitecrm 7.2.13 was runing.

To upgrade I did the following:

1. create PUBLIC/LEGACY folders inside root.
  2. Copy all files in root (the running crm instance) to PUBLIC/LEGACY
  3. Upload SuiteCRM-8.2.4-7.13-migration.zip to root and un pack it.
  4. Check permissions, all the same as it were on the running version.
  5. Modify public/legacy/config.php
    ‘session_dir’ => ‘’,
    ‘site_url’ => ‘https://myrunningcrm.com:443’
  6. Modify .htaccess
    RewriteBase /legacy/

It ran with this warnings:

PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Auth, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_AuthnRequest, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Constants, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Error, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_ValidationError, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_IdPMetadataParser, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_LogoutRequest, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_LogoutResponse, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Metadata, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Response, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Settings, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/cmyrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class OneLogin_Saml2_Utils, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 21
PHP Warning:  Cannot declare class Zend\Oauth\Provider, because the name is already in use in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/deprecated.php on line 55
PHP Warning:  ini_set(): Session ini settings cannot be changed when a session is active in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/include/entryPoint.php on line 169
PHP Warning:  ini_set(): Session ini settings cannot be changed when a session is active in /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/public/legacy/include/entryPoint.php on line 170

and this:

Running: legacy-post-upgrade
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
step: legacy-post-upgrade | status: done

upgradewizard.log:
Tue, 09 May 2023 18:14:24 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - Running SQL file /var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/cache/upgrades/temp/ME8geb/scripts/65x_to__mysql.sql

Tue, 09 May 2023 18:14:24 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - *** ERROR: Schema change script [/var/www/vhosts/myrunningcrm.com/myrunningcrm.com/cache/upgrades/temp/ME8geb/scripts/65x_to__mysql.sql] could not be found!

Tue, 09 May 2023 22:20:09 +0000 [UpgradeWizard] - config.php file at () could not be found. Skip merging.

Afther this I got an 500 error, and there wasn´t a .htaccess or config.php on the root, only on /public and /pubic/legacy

If I manually entered my addres and then /public/legacy I was able to login but the upper row and profile links were missing.

Can someone please point me out to were is the error?

I have backups both in plesk and azure so I backed up 7.2.13 but I want to use suitecrm 8.

Thanks

It seems like you encountered several issues while attempting to upgrade your SuiteCRM instance from version 7.2.13 to version 8.2.4. Here are some points to help you identify and resolve the errors:

1- Warnings related to class declarations: The warnings indicate that there are conflicts with class declarations, specifically in the “deprecated.php” file. You need to investigate and resolve these conflicts by ensuring that class names are not duplicated or conflicting with existing classes.

2- “ini_set()”: The “ini_set()” warnings suggest that you are attempting to change session ini settings while a session is active. Make sure that you are not modifying session settings after a session has been started. It’s recommended to adjust these settings before session initiation.

3- “libpng warning”: These warnings related to libpng may not directly affect the functionality of SuiteCRM, but you can consider enabling interlace handling for PNG images to avoid these warnings.

4- “ERROR: Schema change script […] could not be found!”: This error suggests that the schema change script, “65x_to__mysql.sql,” required for the upgrade process, was not found in the specified location. Verify that the script exists and is accessible in the given path.

5- “config.php file at () could not be found. Skip merging.”: This error indicates that the “config.php” file could not be found during the upgrade process. Make sure the file exists in the appropriate location. If it doesn’t, you may need to recreate it based on the configuration settings of your previous version.

6- Missing .htaccess and config.php files: Ensure that the necessary .htaccess and config.php files are present in the correct directories: “/public” and “/public/legacy” respectively.

@jongore please don’t post generic ChatGPT answers here, they’re rarely helpful with SuiteCRM. And if people want ChatGPT answers they can go get them by themselves.

2 Likes

Thank you for that comment. I saw several people posting ChatGPT responses, which, in fact, hardly ever work. It should be prohibited to do that here…

This may have happened because you forgot to run the following command

bin/console suitecrm:app:setup-legacy-migration

you need to make sure you disable session_gc from within the config.php file before you run this.

The suitecrm:app:setup-legacy-migration command modifies the suite7 instance within public/legacy to remove duplicated code (stuff now handled the new way in suite8)

failing to disable session_gc or to run that command will cause PHP to run into duplicate declarations.

I had to restore my VM (it’s running on azure), and redo all .

The difference was that the first time I tried to do it in the previous directory. The second time I renamed toe 7.12 instance to xx.old and created a new directory with the name of my instance, copied the .old named directory to public and renamed to legacy.

Now I’m havin another kind of problems, one is that /public/legacy is added to addresses in notification emails or added when a link is pressed with right button and try to open in another tab, but it isn’t added if press the link. When /public/legacy add to the address I got error 500.

Other is that sometimes it just won’t let someone login but after pressing login se eral times it does logs you in (error when calling a procedure error shows).

Other is several undefined titles here and there. Been trying to fix those errors one by one with more or less success.

It’s buggy but it’s workable.

If is on the list I did it. SuiteCRM 7.12.x+ migration to SuiteCRM 8.x :: SuiteCRM Documentation