End of support for Basic Authentication access to Exchange Online API’s for Office 365 customers

Hi there, has anyone anything new on this subject?

Hello, we moved all email to AWS SES relay services. Took a few minutes to config and few days to get AWS to approve our use case (they are strict on ensuring policy compliance).
Best thing that we ever did. All our email now goes via this service. We do not (at this time) have any need for inbound email to SuiteCRM. For which we will need a MS API Graph solution.

so how does your

So how does your team check email inside suitecrm, or they just don’t do that?

Hello, currently we cannot accept inbound email to SuiteCRM, it only goes as far as O365. We utilise SuieCRM workflow, and also take all data out of SuiteCRM hourly and analyse in Qlik Sense, where we have added more workflow and alerts to ensure that in conjunction with our ticketing system we can create contiguous and automated processes. For example, our contracts processes are initiated in SuiteCRM but analysed in Qlik Sense and this alone has 250 possible stages, which we process map and visualise in a Qlik Extension.

Sorry if this is more than you expected by means of a response.

Hello Sayan0020, Can you please guide how did you achieve this?

Hello Mugrin,
Did you get any solution regarding this?

Hello,

We are currently working on a solution to this and will be updating the Community in due course. We are also looking at improving the user configuration settings for emails.

Thanks,

Gillian

1 Like

Great, thank you. This is a bottleneck issue for us.

Any target date for the solution resolving this?

Hi,

We are still working on the solution, but as soon as we are ready to release it, we will let the community know.

Thanks
Gillian

Hello @jrawoot I was trying to access my email via IMAP setting in the suitecrm. Are you asking for the same?

Yes. Basically Microsoft is going to Deprecating Basic authentication in Exchange Online. Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn

Hello @jrawoot , Thanks for sharing the link. Also thanks for informing this change. I have not used this IMAP OAUTH2 for authentication.
Before I’ve created an app password in MS exchange to get access my inbox from suitecrm. That time it is not giving me access by normal username & password.
That time I’d to enable 2-step authentication & create the app password. Then I use my email-id as username & app password as password. Then I get to access my inbox.
I’ll try to connect via new IMAP OAUTH, if I made progress I’ll definitely update here

we are facing the same problem… anyone found a solution?

Wow thats now really cutting it close. We’ve got some customers who are really impacted by this and surely we will loose them like that.

Is there any suggestion regarding a solution or even a workaraound for the time beeing?

Inbound wise we could maybe simply forward all emails to another email server but outbound wise?
If we do that we are responsible for security problems concerning those email servers.

Maybe someone has a connector in development, so hey please give us a hint!

For the time being you can do the following:

1. Inbound you can use a Cpanel with a dummy domain and redirect emails to that email box.
  2. Outbound, i suggest you use Mailersend or smtp2go.

is there any patch update for inbound email IMAP sync - Modern Auth outlook 365?

Thanks

I would also really like to know that. We are willing to participate in the effort, so maybe just some status update would be nice

Hi Gillian, could you please provide us with an update? Is there any progress yet. Maybe we could help out in fixing the problem or pay you to do it :slight_smile: ? If you could keep us informed it would be really nice. Kind regards, Paul

Hi,
We have been working on a solution to this problem and are aiming on producing a Beta release for the solution, by the end of this week. As soon as the Beta release is ready, we will let everyone know.
Thanks
Gillian

1 Like