End of support for Basic Authentication access to Exchange Online API’s for Office 365 customers

I’m not sure how complex that would be, but I wonder if something simpler wouldn’t be achievable without a full “connector” that skips authentication in SuiteCRM.

Just some field for a key in the email configuration, so you can use the accounts as before! Shouldn’t be too hard…

this is a major issue and prevents any use of suitecrm if this can’t be fixed. is there an update?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be sure that anyone in SalesAgility is going to be looking at this any time soon. My guess is that they will do so if pushed by one of their clients, if not, they will focus one of the other 1000 things on their work list. Fair enough.

This is the sort of thing that the Community can solve, people need to get together and try to find ways to make this work with tweaks to the existing code.

I wouldn’t think of this in terms of a “Connector”, or any fancy new functionality, I would just focus on the hurdle of getting OAUTH2 authentication to work. SuiteCRM uses something called PhpMailer, we probably need to add a special case in there at the moment it’s authenticating. Perhaps this will require some additional field on screen, in the UI. But it shouldn’t be terribly difficult.

People can get together and pay a developer for a few hours of work cracking this problem [not me, I’m not free at the moment].

Have you guys tried app passwords?

I’ve already mentioned on my response how to achieve that.

Yes, you’ve mentioned it in the other thread, that’s why I came here to let other people know about it, and linked to your reply :+1:

App Passwords use Basic Auth so they won’t help. Ie they’ll also be disabled in October+

Ref. first para of this article from MS date 7/1/2022: Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online | Microsoft Docs

Hi @sravanitedla , are there any updates on this issue? Any progress that’s been made to allow OAuth access to Microsoft Exchange? Thanks.

Hi there, has anyone anything new on this subject?

Hello, we moved all email to AWS SES relay services. Took a few minutes to config and few days to get AWS to approve our use case (they are strict on ensuring policy compliance).
Best thing that we ever did. All our email now goes via this service. We do not (at this time) have any need for inbound email to SuiteCRM. For which we will need a MS API Graph solution.

so how does your

So how does your team check email inside suitecrm, or they just don’t do that?

Hello, currently we cannot accept inbound email to SuiteCRM, it only goes as far as O365. We utilise SuieCRM workflow, and also take all data out of SuiteCRM hourly and analyse in Qlik Sense, where we have added more workflow and alerts to ensure that in conjunction with our ticketing system we can create contiguous and automated processes. For example, our contracts processes are initiated in SuiteCRM but analysed in Qlik Sense and this alone has 250 possible stages, which we process map and visualise in a Qlik Extension.

Sorry if this is more than you expected by means of a response.

Hello Sayan0020, Can you please guide how did you achieve this?

Hello Mugrin,
Did you get any solution regarding this?

Hello,

We are currently working on a solution to this and will be updating the Community in due course. We are also looking at improving the user configuration settings for emails.

Thanks,

Gillian

1 Like

Great, thank you. This is a bottleneck issue for us.

Any target date for the solution resolving this?

Hi,

We are still working on the solution, but as soon as we are ready to release it, we will let the community know.

Thanks
Gillian

Hello @jrawoot I was trying to access my email via IMAP setting in the suitecrm. Are you asking for the same?

Yes. Basically Microsoft is going to Deprecating Basic authentication in Exchange Online. Deprecation of Basic authentication in Exchange Online | Microsoft Learn