Emails not displayed on employees list - 8.5.1 U22.04 PHP8.2 VMwarePro

New install and all went smoothly on latest of everything with a fresh server.
Added 2 employees - myself and an assistant.

Phone #s are tricky because of labels (Work,Home,Mobile,Other) with the Work number being the one showing up in the employees list.
These should be organized for efficiency incase you need to contact that person (ie best number to call at a given time/DOW).
The email address, despite entering it and it being visible in the employee details record, does not show up on the employees list, even with administrator privileges.
Maybe there is a setting somewhere but I would like to know why the field can be selected in the list but the data is not shown (by an administrator)?
Thanks - Kent

Hello Kent
Welcome to community.

Phone Numbers, you can change their labels from Studio and Rename them as you like.
Email Address is a bit different field in CRM, there can be ways to hack into code to display that in LIST views but for now it will only display in Details View.

Welcome welcome!

Studio is correct here for labelling and repositioning bits as you need them

For info My workaround is create a custom text field as an email

Create workflow to update that new text field based on the email field and then put that on your list view instead

No hacking of code required just backend workflow logic.

The users don’t even need to see the custom text field anywhere else but the list views

Thanks for the reply cherub-chum, I don’t want to hack into any code, just a simple question. The field is not really important and the information is available in the details, so I just took the field out of the listing and all is fine.
If I need to email them, I might need more details and want to do it from the employee-details record anyway.

I’m trying to evaluate the use of the software as the package rolls out before heading down a funnel of operational requirements at an expense.

As a designer, it has always been easier just to create databases and query forms as required, HTML seems to make a great UI as can be seen here.

Requirements such as how phone numbers are related to operations are very much dependent on the business model, so it’s hard to build a generic solution. It’s not just changing a form label.

Excellent response dhuntress! No hacking is the way, a clean and simple solution.