Email to field in cases

I would like to add a field where I can send notification emails to multiple email addresses regarding the case information but am not sure on how to accomplish this. I can add the field to the case but I don’t know how to make it work.

I found a module that already has this functionality called Select.ServiceDesk or sd_ServiceDesk but I can’t seem to get this to work properly. After sending 1 case, it will not allow me to create second case.

My questions:

1. Has anyone tested Select.ServiceDesk and made it work?
  2. Could I pay you for some step by step instructions?

I believe I am missing something db related.

You can use the workflow module.

I have not used the fields you have mentioned.

You can contact our team, if you require professional consultancy services.

Thanks,

Will.

There’s no phone number to call you. I actually don’t want a full blown consultation for now, just trying to get bits and parts working the way I need them to.

Also, workflow is for automation. I am needing the field there for the times when I need to send it to an email that is not part of the workflow or a one time situation.

Hi James,

If you can submit your initial enquiry with details of your requirements, then it allows the team to analyse and progress appropriately.

You can find a contact number on our website.

Thanks,

Will.

I’m a bit confused. What inquiry?

I just needing someone to test out the sd.servicedesk module, make it work and i pay them to tell me what they did.

Hi James,

Is the service desk module a custom module that you have downloaded from an external service/company?

Will.

Yes. It was on sugarforge.

Hi James,

Is it compatible with SugarCRM CE 6.5.x?

Can you provide a link?

Thanks,

Will.

http://www.sugarforge.org/projects/servicedesk/

It installs and allows me to create 1 case and then it will not allow another case.

The last time it was updated was 2 years ago, and not confirmed to work with 6.5 on the project homepage, although it is in the manifest as an accepted version.

I will investigate if this is something we can assist with, and if so forward on to the commercial team to estimate effort.

Thanks,

Will.

Ok,

Can you provide a screen shot? Do you get any errors?

Thanks,

Will.

I haven’t received any information back on this. I also submitted a request on the site for otrs integration but I don’t think your contact form is working. Although it showed the email was completed successfully, It never sent me a confirmation via email.

The last post I asked you for a screen shot and if you got any errors.

We do not have any record of your enquiry, based on the email address you are using for your forum account, and our enquiry form is working as expected.

Thanks,

Will.

That’s correct, i did not use the same email address. I used my company email address. Is the form suppose to send me an email confirming my contact request?

There should be a confirmation page, but there is no email confirmation.

Can you detail any information about what name/address the enquiry was submitted under, so I can investigate?

Thanks,

Will.

Sorry but i do not wish to post it here. I made the inquiries last night and about 1 hour ago. Zuckersync