Email templates not loading

Nope 8913 does nothing on my end.

8913 doesn’t do it for me either. I went through and rebuilt all the JS files as well and flushed my browser cache. Didn’t help.

OK I GOT IT!!!

1. Apply both fixes (I’m not sure which one did it) #8956 and 8913
  2. Rebuilt all the JS files (in admin repair)
  3. Click on the email address in the lead record to open up the email pop up. It will still not work. NOW… Shift F5 to clear your browser cache with the email popup open… now works.
1 Like

What browser are you on? Shift F5 opens the inspector in FF?
Do you have to do this everytime?

DUDE! It works, excellent work man, I am really impressed, how did you get that impulse to clear the cache while popup is open?

It was after applying #8956 btw, that it worked. 8913 on its own did nothing.

I don’t know what possessed me to clear the cache a second time LOL, but it worked! Just lucky I guess.

Hi pstevens,
I also commented your post on the github thread.
The solution worked for me, I guess itÄs the #8956
I cleared the cache in Chrome with Shift F5 -> didn’t work. Cleared it manually again -> solution worked!

In Firefox I didn’t have to clear the cache - it just worked :slight_smile:
Thank you so much!

Thad made the trick for me on 7.11.18.

Quick question:
Do I just go and make the changes to the file directly under the module or I should copy the file under the custom folder then make the changes.
modules/Emails/include/ComposeView/EmailsComposeView.js
Thanks in advance.

You can do it either way, what I normally do though is change the name of the original file to _old at the end of the file name or something and then download and copy over the new file from Github. That way it’s easy to revert back if there is a problem. You just delete the file and change the name back of the original file.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot pstevens.

If I replace the file under the module folder (not under custom), will this be upgrade safe?

In this case, it doesn’t matter if it’s upgrade-safe, because you’re putting in changes that should become part of the next upgrade any way… although you should keep an eye out to check if they do.

1 Like

I agree with @pgr, it doesn’t really matter in terms of it working. It is a choice you have to make in terms of whether or not you want it to be upgrade safe. Since you’re downloading a “fix” from Github it will generally be implemented in the future, so I don’t add it to the “custom” folder, I add it directly in the module so that it will receive future updates. There have been a few where a fix exists but doesn’t make it into production where I have chosen to put the “fix” in the custom folder. It’s up to you, but as a general rule I would put it in the module folder and expect it to be updated in a future release.

1 Like

Thank you both. #8956 worked but applied #8913 just in case.

On one installation to fix this problem I had to go to step #4 (clear all caches and browser history in Chrome). In the chrome menu go to “more tools” and “clear browsing data”. This finally did the trick for me. Wow it was really cached in there!

I am experiencing the same issue on SuiteCRM 7.11.22, latest upgrade. All the suggested fixes are already in there in the code, so I am going nuts here.

This is what I get in console:

TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating ‘tinymce.activeEditor.setContent’)

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you!

Did you try going to repair and rebuild,

1. do a quick repair and rebuild
  2. do all the rebuild JS stuff in there too
  3. Clear your browser cache, refresh
    4)open the popup window AND again Shift F5 to clear your browser cache.

Yes, I tried all that, no luck :disappointed_relieved:

Does your hosting have a cache?

Not really sure about that. Sorry I don’t know much about it tbh, but it is a shared hosting with cPanel :slight_smile:

Upgraded to 7.12, still no fix.