Email Template not populating from "Compose Email" activity on activity dropdown

SuiteCRM 7.11.18 Sugar Version 6.5.25 Build 344
PHP Version 7.3 / MySQL 5.7.35

When composing an email from the EMAIL module, selecting a template successfully inserts the template content into the email body, so it appears that the templates are correctly configured.

However, when any user (even system admins) click the “Compose Email” action on the “Activities dropdown” in the resulting pop-up for “Compose Email” when a Template is selected, the Body is not populated with the template.

This has been confirmed in the Accounts, Leads, Quotes, Opportunities, and Cases modules with multiple system users.

I’ve already ran the Quick Repair and the Javascript Repair, with no change. Any suggestions?

SuiteCRM 7.11.18 having the Default Error of TinyMCE Editor while opening the Compose Email Popup.

Once you open the Compose Email Popup from the Contact/Leads/Account by Clicking on the Email Address, the Body Textarea Type field is not replaced with TinyMCE Editor. So that’s the reason Template content does not insert successfully in the email body.

You can download the Updated JS file of TinyMCE Editor from the below URL,

Download TinyMCE Editor JS

After downloading the file, Replace in the following path of your CRM,

/modules/Emails/include/ComposeView/EmailsComposeView.js

1 Like

Thank you very much, Jessica. I uploaded the file you’ve provided. At first it didn’t work, so I did a “Rebuild JS Compressed Files”, but that still didn’t work; so I cleared my browser cache. After that, the TinyMCE editor came up.

So, I don’t know if the cache-clear fixed it for my browser, or if rebuilding the JS Compressed Files was required.

However, I am now getting the TinyMCE editor when taking the “Compose Email” action throughout the system, and selecting a template does successfully populate the body of the email.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, and I’ve marked your response as the solution.

Well, there’s a bitch of a hitch. I thought this solved the problem, but I tested inadequately.

Upon clicking “send”, no matter what (template or not) an error is received stating “Please specify your message in the body”

This message comes when you click on the “Send” button without entering the Content in the Body(TinyMCE). Did you add content to it? Can you please share a small video or screenshot of how you’re doing so we’ll guide you properly?

1 Like

The error message is received after entering content in the Body(TinyMCE).

You can download the Updated JS file of TinyMCE Editor from the below URL,

Download TinyMCE Editor JS

After downloading the file, Replace in the following path of your CRM,

/modules/Emails/include/ComposeView/EmailsComposeView.js

The below function is modified in the JS file to fix the Default SuiteCRM Issue.

1 Like

Thank you Jessica, solution is tested to work. Marked as solution!

you always welcome :blush:
anytime you can contact me at skype : appshor
thank you