Email signature šŸ“© not loading correctly or at all

So here is the rub.

1. Custom code a html signature and and thenā€¦

2. Create an e-mail signature by adding it first in CRM and then after that, you load it (copy/paste from your fav HTML editor), directly in the database to ensure that the HTML code isnā€™t altered/code sanitized by SuiteCRM.

3. After this is done go to the email module >>> compose >>> and look on the email signature.

4. Result: Email signature doesnĀ“t load at all or loads in text only format. (Sometimes randomly it doesnā€™t load at all.)

The only way to fix this is by clicking on you email options and chose your own email which then (Most of the time), forces the HMTL signature to load.

Anyone else here with this issue or someone that knows how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thanks @rsp .
So basically this is a known bug and there is work in progress to find a fix for it?

Can you link to the ticket where this work is been tracked please, I can only find old tickets that are stagnant.

Iā€™ve upgrade from 7.12.2 to 7.14.2 and now find that changing email signatures causes many problems. Most of the time it will destroy large amounts of an email template and it will loose all email thread history when replying to an email. So pretty significant issues in my thinking.

You need to save it directly in the database @Bedlore and not in CRM user interface as your code will be sanitized by SuiteCRM thereā€¦

• Never mind, found it and testing now.
    Thanks, I think this is possibly related to my issue but a bit different. Iā€™m loosing mail content when I reply or load email templates. I may start a new thread sorry for hijacking this one.
1 Like

Search in the database for the email signature tables.

There is two of them:
One is the general templates and the other one is the personal signature.

In the table field (Last one at the bottom), where your HTML code is located replace it with your original HTML code. This requires of course that you first have created the templates in SuiteCRM UI first where you pasted your source HTML code. :+1:

Kind regards

New install for customer - same issue - Email signatures are not loading: :scream:

HMTL signatures has been directly loaded into the CRM database due to that SuiteCRM will sanitize code in your email template html code when you copy/paste it front end so it will lose its rock solid design.
As you can see in the browser dev console it does throw some errors related to the email signature. Not sure however to to go from thereā€¦

E-mail HTML code directly copy/pasted into the following data (user) tables:

• outbound_email
  • email_templates
  • users_signatures

End result:

Thoughts?
:thinking:

SuiteCRM seems to write this interfering code into the template from the outbound_email database table / outbound email account:

It writes it in every time and mess up the preloaded custom html code.:hot_face:

Adding a signature in users profileā€¦

Doesnā€™t do anything. It simply doesnā€™t load.

This page is missing in the documentation @pgr
https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/user/introduction/managing-user-accounts

I was searching through the documentation to find some answers on my issue above. This article is missing. It is being linked from this page: Email Overview :: SuiteCRM Documentation

Adding a signature in outbound email account (personal) as per this article here: Compose Email 'From' Dropdown Behaviour :: SuiteCRM Documentation

Added just some simple text:

yields this result:

which is pretty messed up. The code automatically added by SuiteCRM:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>

Obviously it mess up the other code which is outside of the tags

and then it automatically add this code from the outbound account signature field.

</body>
</html><div class="email-signature-element"><p>this is a test</p></div>

It is not very strange that you end up with a blank email without a signature because the code is outside of the html closing tag.

Iā€™m note sure how to fix this mess.

It obviously to me seem to be a bug. Right? :thinking:

Is there a way to disable that SuiteCRM adds this code string automatically, (the < htm l>< head ></ head >< body > part)?

Thanks in advance.

I been sitting for hours with this now and Iā€™m all out of ideas.
Maybe you guys @pstevens or @pgr have an idea of what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards

Thanks @PowerQuest unfortunately the entire email system is in quite a poor state and in many areas unusable which strongly undermines the SuiteCRM experience. You would think email is as fundamental as it gets but I guess not given how long its been like this.

Itā€™s not my responsibility, but I fixed that page

Well I just remembered that you had mentioned in a previous thread that it should be reported if articles were missing in the documentation @pgr
By the way do you have any ideas on how to fix my issues with the mentioned above where SuiteCRM adds random html code into the email signature?

In my own company instance I have loaded the email template code into the database and it works fine. But on this new instance SuiteCRM does this weird thing with adding its own html code on top of my custom code automatically.

Thanksā€¦

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. SuiteCRM is underfunded and loads of bugs arenĀ“t being fixed. Probably due to lacking funds to do it: SuiteCRM - Open Collective

I solved all of these email string replacement issues for my add-ons, and itā€™s way too complex to do with just a couple of hacks.

I also added a direct-html option to the Email Compose window, that is missing from SuiteCRM and I canā€™t even bring myself to attempt any email on SuiteCRM with it changing the stuff I put in.

Hi @pgr
Which add-on of yours do you have in mind for solving my issue above?

That would be PowerReplacer, you can watch the video here

1 Like