email setup woes

There may be more going on here, but i can’t seem to get the email portion of my install going. when I go to the incoming mail settings it displays this error:

A non-numeric value encountered in /home/*****/public_html/sales/include/ListView/ListView.php on line 1189  (username replaced with ***)

when I go to outboud mail settings and click edit i get this error message:

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/******/public_html/sales/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%1A^1AB^1AB6DD00%%tab_panel_content.tpl.php on line 190

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home******/public_html/sales/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%1A^1AB^1AB6DD00%%tab_panel_content.tpl.php on line 190

and if I try to change the smtp auth I get these errors:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function iconv() in /home/******/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Field.php:222
Stack trace:
#0 /home/******/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Index/SegmentWriter/DocumentWriter.php(131): Zend_Search_Lucene_Field->getUtf8Value()
#1 /home/******/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Index/Writer.php(244): Zend_Search_Lucene_Index_SegmentWriter_DocumentWriter->addDocument(Object(Zend_Search_Lucene_Document))
#2 /home******/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene.php(1410): Zend_Search_Lucene_Index_Writer->addDocument(Object(Zend_Search_Lucene_Document))
#3 /home******/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/AOD_Index.php(310): Zend_Search_Lucene->addDocument(Object(Zend_Search_Lucene_Document))
#4 /home******/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/AOD_LogicHooks.php(36): AOD_Index->index('OutboundEmailAc...', '7b4ebd4f-933b-0...')
#5 /home/******/public_html/sales/include/utils/LogicHo in /home/aucanna/public_html/sales/modules/AOD_Index/Lib/Zend/Search/Lucene/Field.php on line 222

There’s quite a few other problems, but for now I would love to be able to set emails to go out! Right now all my settings appear to be correct, but i’m not receiving any emails from the system.

Please tell us your version of SuiteCRM and PHP…

PHP 7.1
SuiteCRM 7.9.7

Are you the same person as the one who posted above?

If not, please start your own post, or at least post the exact errors you’re getting. Those iconv errors are solved by installing the necessary PHP modules, by the way. Google it.